I have another good story for you guys.

If you look at my avatar (Ive had it for years, off and on), you will see an elm tree laying horizontally that I shot down with a couple of guns. It was where you see it for oh, maybe two years, before it died, dried out, and was picked up as firewood by myself. Im part yeti, so when I say it isnt as tiny as it looks, I kinda mean it.

anyway.

I did a roof last week for a friend. the coupula, the thing that sits on your roof with a weathervane or whatever nothing on it, that came off that roof literally in rotten pieces, I refabricated.

I JUST HAPPENED to use a piece of that very tree, the BASE of it no less, to turn the spade shaped top for the coupula yesterday. I pulled TWO bullets out of the finished piece, and had to putty 5 or 6 spots on it. the round base was 5", and I WILL BE SURE TO POST A FOLLOW UP PIC.

all good things come to an end point. they dont have to go away. I just realised this when I was replying in another post, and had to share it. that is WAY TOO cool. I shot the tree down, filmed it, have it posted for years, cut part of the shot up wood for blanks, turned it, and it will as of this weekend, forever sit on a liberal's roof, bullet holes and all.

I shit you, naught.

Ill post pics of the finished product. Too good of a story to not take the time to relate.

Edited by Bvamp
modfied topic

I wish I had a picture of it before I fixed it. it came off the roof in a pile and I recut half the wood on it.

the top of the coupula is what I turned the shot down elm into. it really spruced the thing up, just that one touch. was worth the 1/2 hour it took to make it.

post-83-1179517911_thumb.jpg

yeh it came out pretty nice, really, I think. I decided not to polish the copper. I think it looks better aged like that. I relly shoulda put it on a flat surface when I took the picture, because it looks crooked in that picture. its not though. just an illusion of where it is sitting.

thanks for the compliment, by the way.

its a bowling pin.

(a quick note on bowling pins. dont shoot at them close range with bird shot, 22s or pistols. as you can see they make pretty durable targets. I have a set I do buckshot bowling with for a couple of dollars with my friends.)

it WAS set up on the elm you see there (almost gave myself a hernia dragging the entire thing down off the hill a couple years later, come to think of it), but I walked up and tried to waste it. it took about 40 rounds before I stopped and just had to give it back to the guy who gave it to me. the first shot was through the thin part of the neck as a wager that I won (it punched through it and didnt crack it in any way with the first shot). the picture below is after 19 more rounds at it. elm tree can be seen in the picture.

the tree laying sideways directly in back of the that spot which is farther away that it looks like, about 30 feet or so, and the thing on top of the coupola is a piece of that very tree about five foot up from where I shot it down. I was pulling chunks of multiple calibers out of the wood as I turned the part. LOL. left a few in there for the new owners to enjoy without knowing what they are enjoying.

my indian brother and mother both worked at the same school with the woman who we did the job for, and it was HIM that pointed out what it was, and who it was going to. an antigun democrat highschool teacher. LOL

post-83-1179634670.jpg

yeh it came out pretty nice, really, I think. I decided not to polish the copper. I think it looks better aged like that. I relly shoulda put it on a flat surface when I took the picture, because it looks crooked in that picture. its not though. just an illusion of where it is sitting.

thanks for the compliment, by the way.

it'd tarnish again anyhow... that looks good

Nice work B! I've got one on top of my house you can come down here and work on if ya like. Mine has one of those weather vane things witha horse on it that turns with the wind. I've got an attic fan hooked up in there now that draws the heat out of the attic by sucking in freash air thru the gables. In the winter I can take the fan out and you can climb a small ladder and put your head up inside the copula for a 360 degree view. Thought about mounting a surveilance camera in there on a turntable somehow so I can monitor the property all around the house from right in here in my office. One day maybe...

Hell if shit ever gets really bad I could mount a remote minigun or something up there and aim thru the louvers...heehee. :smoke:

Been watchin too much TV I guess...lol.

post-1293-1179677904_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1179677918_thumb.jpg

Nice work B! I've got one on top of my house you can come down here and work on if ya like. Mine has one of those weather vane things witha horse on it that turns with the wind. I've got an attic fan hooked up in there now that draws the heat out of the attic by sucking in freash air thru the gables. In the winter I can take the fan out and you can climb a small ladder and put your head up inside the copula for a 360 degree view. Thought about mounting a surveilance camera in there on a turntable somehow so I can monitor the property all around the house from right in here in my office. One day maybe...

Hell if shit ever gets really bad I could mount a remote minigun or something up there and aim thru the louvers...heehee. :smoke:

Been watchin too much TV I guess...lol.

post-1293-1179677904_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1179677918_thumb.jpg

if you wire a ceiling thermostat to the fan it'll take care of itself

no more install/re-instal buisiness

well i even used copper plumbing nails to attach the copper, but I CAN keep it from tarnishing if I wanted to, and that was why I didnt polish it. I would guess the oxidized copper was about 32nd of inch thick. TOO much like work.

I wrapped some tape on the top of my truck antennae. stuck a 30-06 over it snug, and polished it and sprayed it with clear acrylic spray paint made by krylon. its bright as day.

I am glad I didnt polish the thing and "save" it that way permanently. it looked too good.

cobra, Ill do yours for free, you know that, man. send parts with same postage return.

I cut 2" back off the ridge down 3/4's of the roof peak on EACH SIDE of the peak with a skill saw, and put in a "green scrubby-like" rough material that allows the roof to vent down, called a ridge vent. the roof the coupula went on was similar to yours, actually, and I cut a 2" strip off boths sides of the ridge in the plywood and put a ridge vent in it. it previously had one, but was only a 1" hole every three feet, which isnt enough with the square of your roof, much like your coupola.

my father's roof this past weekend (rained out sat. worked till 6pm today, sunday, from early morning with one of my brothers and my family and neighbors and did it in a day.) didnt require one, because of the catherdral ceilings. but an attic or large air space really should have it installed above it. BEWARE, im learinign the hurricane codes for building, so I might be working on your house soon! LOL.

well I appreciate that you would hire me over an illegal. you know I cost more.

I can post a LOT of pictures of work Ive done. the pictures of the house I did for the Hyde Park Historical Society on the house from 1650, you cannot have, as it is the last pictures I have of my grandfather who is now dead, any myself. He is patting me on the back in front of the entryway with my trowel in hand covered in mud with the job just completed, if you want a clue....

name what you need done. I can at least help you guys for piddly dink parts and stuff, and save you loads of money on these bullshit contractors and illegals that outright steal my work, sometimes for a lot more, some times for a lot less....

NY customers are SHREWD and hugely EXPECTANT. thats all I can tell ya. LOL.

this line of work set me free, just so you know why I do it still. I even got to speak to god today and ask him to help someone that needed it. and he listened. so its all good. today was definately a good day in every way shape or form of live, as I know it....

but I wont get into that. this sorta stuff is personal. unlike our enemies, I wont force it onto you, and I will believe that you believe, in whatever way we all might do so. and Im ok with that.

heres a pic. sorry for the tourism plug, but, its the real deal and untouched. I was preying off an innocent for a picture and knew it at the time. funny the picture showed up like that with the sun and all.

post-83-1179716244_thumb.jpg

its a bowling pin.

(a quick note on bowling pins. dont shoot at them close range with bird shot, 22s or pistols. as you can see they make pretty durable targets. I have a set I do buckshot bowling with for a couple of dollars with my friends.)

it WAS set up on the elm you see there (almost gave myself a hernia dragging the entire thing down off the hill a couple years later, come to think of it), but I walked up and tried to waste it. it took about 40 rounds before I stopped and just had to give it back to the guy who gave it to me. the first shot was through the thin part of the neck as a wager that I won (it punched through it and didnt crack it in any way with the first shot). the picture below is after 19 more rounds at it. elm tree can be seen in the picture.

the tree laying sideways directly in back of the that spot which is farther away that it looks like, about 30 feet or so, and the thing on top of the coupola is a piece of that very tree about five foot up from where I shot it down. I was pulling chunks of multiple calibers out of the wood as I turned the part. LOL. left a few in there for the new owners to enjoy without knowing what they are enjoying.

my indian brother and mother both worked at the same school with the woman who we did the job for, and it was HIM that pointed out what it was, and who it was going to. an antigun democrat highschool teacher. LOL

Hey B you should sneek back over there sometime for a gag and replace the turned elm with that shot up bowling pin or one like it! Fuckin lib bastard would love that...lol!