I'm ready to buy a fast aquistion scope- help plez

S! ALL

I finally got around to getting a side mount for one of my Aks. I would like to buy a very reliable, fast aquistioning red dot scope...a 2X wouldn't kill my 40ish eyes. Where and what can I buy? Leaning towards Kobra but not sure about models and where to buy.

Thanks ahead~ Ned

Get a Kobra, PK-23 or PK-AS; you wont be disappointed with any of these. I personal have a PK-23 and love it, can be removed from the AK side rail mount and put on 30mm rings to be mounted on another gun.

If you get a Kobra that has the side rail mount built in, they sell a picitinny/weaver adapter for it.

The PK-AS is in AK side rail and picitinny versions.

I'd buy from either eastwave or freedom optics.

Hello, NedPepper

Don't know about any 2x red dots other than AimPoint. That's not to sythey're not out there, but I don't know about 'em (yet...).

I do have a 2x AimPoint and I think it's an excellent scope for my 50+ish eyes. Very fast acquisition, near- eternal battery life, built-in flip-caps, etc.

Not cheap, but if you hunt I think you can get 'em for $350 or so (new) and probably less for used on Flea-Bay.

Hope this helps...

guido2 in Houston