Found a Saiga .308

Hi,

I have a couple 7.62x39's (an SSR-56 & SAM7S).

I was in a shop that generally spurns AK's and was surprised to see what appeared to be an AK in .308. I asked to inspect it and found that to the best of my abilities within a 2 minute field strip in moderately adequate lighting, it appeared that this rifle had never been fired.

It has been converted to pistol grip configuration, and appears to be a solid if not spectacular bit of work. There is a messy weld on the Muzzle Brake that was put on, but it doesn't seem like there would be an integral issues with it from eyeballing it. Other than that, it looks pretty good.

They wanted $300, I was more than happy to snag it at that price. I've ordered some of the FBMG 20rd mag's.

My basic question...with additional customizations, should I be looking for Stamped or Milled parts? Also, is there a consensus on the best Trigger Packs for this Rifle. I went with a Gordon Tech when I upgraded a SAR-1 (since passed along in trade to a family member)...didn't know if the Saiga's typically have Trigger Slap issues, and what FCG's folks tend to favor.

Any other "words of wisdom" on the Saiga .308 would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance, and Safe Shooting,

CZ52'

if it's allready pistol gripped then it prob has a G2trigger pack , which is just fine . Stamped AK parts , but the bolt ,carreir and front trunnion are specific to the S .308

Thanks!

It's on layaway for a little while. I'll do a more detailed inspection when I have a chance to go pick it up.

Safe Shooting,

CZ52'

if it's allready pistol gripped then it prob has a G2trigger pack , which is just fine . Stamped AK parts , but the bolt ,carreir and front trunnion are specific to the S .308
That sounds like a good price seeing it is already converted

That's why I took all of 30 seconds to decide on putting the deposit on it :D.

Safe Shooting,

CZ52'