Here's the scoupe for this thread:

Many people have been interested in Romak III / PSL sets for quite some time, and I have been limited by the fact that I don't have a PSL on hand. In this time, PSL prices have gone through the roof as availability has dried up and as much as I'd like to get one I haven't been able to at a reasonable price. Romakdaddy's set a.) didn't have 100% standard PSL parts and b.) was done with a level of constant cooperation including a bit of final fitting by him. Some have been interested in something similar but none of those orders have taken off, and I think communication may not have been the best at my own fault.

BUT NOW... I have made a local arrangement for PSL stock fitting. Problem solved for a limited time. We have an appointment for mid summer. After the fitting, final shaping would proceed through the rest of the summer for a stock shipping ETA of September.

What you get:

Three or four piece stock set with either separate P-grip and buttstock or integrated dragunov or thumbhole style.

Your choice of styles and options for all pieces. Buttstock length can be customized at no extra charge.

Your choice of wood pending availability. I can discuss options based on your preferences.

Stock sets will be shipped sanded and unfinished, ready for you to apply the finish of your choice.

While these will be fitted to a real PSL, there still may be some minor final fitting required. We're talking pocketknife or file at the most.

These can be fitted to the buttpads/buttplates of your choice at no extra charge as long as you provide the pad/plate and it is under 1.75" wide. A favorite of many is the limbsaver. Default will be a stripped and modified AR-15A2 buttplate.

What it costs and when:

I price sets according to a base price for certain woods and no options, and then add according to wood choice and options. Base price will be $180 shipped. Details and option prices will be listed below shortly.

TENTATIVELY, there will be a 15 set maximum for this buy. I may be able to extend it, but if 15 orders are placed I may not be able to take more this time around. Of course if I get 15 orders really fast and more are beating on my door, I'll do everything I can to make a future arrangement. Heck, I might even be able to afford a PSL.

50% deposit is required by June 30, 2007. Balance will be due no later than September 30th, 2007. You are welcome to pay ahead of schedule. If your balance is not received or postmarked by that date your deposit will be forfeit, concise factual feedback left, and unpaid stock sets posted for sale. I'm sorry if this is a bit harsh, but some people don't understand the irreversibility of custom work. Of course I reserve the right to be reasonable, and to extend deadlines. Along with this comes the fact that being custom work, orders can't be cancelled. People who would wish to cancel are encouraged to find another buyer, presumably one who missed the original opportunity. I can assist if this becomes the case.

Guarantees:

I promise to accurately quote and describe the details of what is included in an order. If I make a mistake I will correct it at my expense. That typically goes without saying, I call it an "honesty and accuracy guarantee". One thing that is critical to custom work however is the articulation of expectations. Any specific expectations of fine details of shape, wood grain, and such need to be made clear and mutually agreed upon. If I can't read my wife's mind (who I love dearly) I certainly can't read the minds of people I meet on the internet. So let me know what you have in mind and I will tell you honestly how close I can get before you commit to an order. Any and all questions are welcome, and I encourage people to take as much time as they need to make a decision. So I also have a "patience guarantee."

Revisions:

People sometimes want to change an order once it's placed. Sometimes that's easier than others. Any changes have to be mutually agreed upon, and will probably have additional charges associated with them.

Attached to my sticky thread is a catalog which gives an overview of my work and some available styles. It doesn't include PSL specific furniture, but many styles shown for AKs and Saigas could be adapted for the PSL. I also expect to post some pictures of additional styles developed as time goes by.

I realize that this thread is worthless without pics. Some of you have seen pics, for those who haven't just hang in there. This thread is to break the ice and get the wheels turning. Please feel free to ask me any questions, preferably by E-mail, using my screenname at hotmail.

Edited by BattleRifleG3
  • 4 weeks later...

Here are some option prices specific to this group buy, some long awaited:

Buttstock options - Base price includes a VEPR-like thumbhole stock OR a separate P-grip and buttstock. Choose from any P-grip and buttstock styles in my catalog.

Buttstock/grip upgrades include:

Cheek rise - $10

Finger grooves - $5 for p-grip, $10 for t-hole or drag stock

Upgrade from thumbhole to military dragunov style - $20

Custom heights and lengths - NO ADDITIONAL COST

Shaped to fit a buyer supplied buttpad or plate under 1.75" wide - NO ADDITIONAL COST (some restrictions apply - typical screw mounted buttpad is preferred)

Buttstock sling swivel stud - $5

Military dragunov sling bar (requires military dragunov style upgrade) - $10

Knob for strap-on cheek rest - $10 (requires measurement of strap width)

Handguard options:

Extended length upper handguard with NEW gas tube - I have decided to include the new gas tube rather than leaving you with a non-functional rifle for months while your tube is modified. This also allows you to switch back and forth between original and extended upper handguards. Total price for this option is $70. If you don't want to keep both gas tubes, the classified forum is a great place.

Upper handguard will be the traditional rounded style unless a customized style is requested and quoted.

Lower handguard can incorporate most styles for Saiga and AKM found in my catalog at no additional cost provided the length is the same as the factory PSL lower handguard. Romakdaddy's lower handguard would be best compared to the VEPROV style. For this group buy, different styles can be selected at NO ADDITIONAL COST.

Handguard vents - $20 per row (both sides), max 3 per row. (Romakdaddy's set has two rows)

Handguard mounted sling swivel (includes internal reinforcements) - $10 each

Wood options:

Base price - Red oak, hickory, and Spanish cedar

$10 upgrade - Hard Maple, Honduran Mahogany

$20 upgrade - Walnut, makore

$30 upgrade - Jatoba, padauk, bubinga

$40 upgrade - Teak, wenge, zebrawood

$80 upgrade - Cocobolo, Morado rosewood

So the lowest priced set would be $180 shipped, feature no extra options, but still allow choice of rugged, classic woods and allow some variety of styles.

The most decked out set would feature two rows of handguard vents, grip grooves, a military drag stock, cheek rise, buttstock sling bar, two front sling swivels, and an extended upper handguard, all made from cocobolo, adding $260 in options and totalling at $440.

Real life prices will be arrayed in between, with the intention of serving as wide a range of tastes and budgets as possible.

Here are pictures of the popularly acclaimed Romakdaddy stock:

PICT0817.jpg

PICT0815.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Please note that this deadline is approaching fast. I will accept orders up to June 30th. As long as you and I are on the same page by June 30th and your payment is in the mail by then, everything will come together just in time. If not, it will be too late for my procurement and modelling appointments.

Edited by BattleRifleG3
  • 10 months later...
Please note that this deadline is approaching fast. I will accept orders up to June 30th. As long as you and I are on the same page by June 30th and your payment is in the mail by then, everything will come together just in time. If not, it will be too late for my procurement and modelling appointments.

Do you have any psl stock sets or when will you get them again?

Bryan

• 3 weeks later...

This particular buy is long closed, and perhaps it would be a good idea to close the thread as well so that it doesn't bump other people's ads down.

I can be reached by PM or by E-mail to my screenname at hotmail. I am not currently taking new orders in order to take care of the orders and projects currently on the table.

This particular buy is long closed, and perhaps it would be a good idea to close the thread as well so that it doesn't bump other people's ads down.

I can be reached by PM or by E-mail to my screenname at hotmail. I am not currently taking new orders in order to take care of the orders and projects currently on the table.

As you wish.