How much to expect to pay for pistol grip / folding stock?

Hello all, this is my first post, and sorry if I didn't see the answer to my question somewhere else on this forum,but it's a large forum.

I got a New Saiga 12 about 3 months ago, and would really like to get it done to look like this http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/6915/8inchtromixrl7.jpg

, but funds are a little short tight now. However I think out of any mods I would enjoy the most would be the folding stock and the pistol grip.

I am not sure if anyone does this work in AZ, but I just don't feel like shipping it out . I will save those big expenses when I eventually have Tony do the 8" conversion.

Thanks

hkmgs@Yahoo.com

If you are speaking of just the cost of these items, the grip is about $25, the stock (a Lage/Tromix stock) around $85, and the Ace folding mechanism (block) $40-45 and hinge $60.

Welcome to the forum!

No that is not correct from all I've read. If you change the weapon into something considered "unsporting" or otherwise change it into a non importable configuration, it has to be brought into 922R compliance (no more than ten foriegn parts). The gun is imported with more than ten parts. Also PGs and folders are considered "unsporting"...yeah I know...rediculous huh?

If you are speaking of just the cost of these items, the grip is about $25, the stock (a Lage/Tromix stock) around $85, and the Ace folding mechanism (block) $40-45 and hinge $60.

Welcome to the forum!

How hard is it to install these parts,or how much can I expect someone to charge me to install these parts ? Thanks

How hard is it to install these parts,or how much can I expect someone to charge me to install these parts ? Thanks

To install these parts you will need to do the pistol grip conversion where the trigger group is moved forward, so as Cobra stated, you'll need a US trigger group like the Tapco. The stock can be installed two different ways--one is with an external ladapter which requires no machining and the other is with an internal block that does require slight modification to the rear of the receiver. The internal block looks more appealing and also allows a slight down-angling of the stock wihch helps with a good cheek weld for sighting. For commercial conversions, other than Tony who is tied up for now, check Red Jacket for a price, and there are other forum members who may be able to help you out. The procedure can be done at home (other than the machining) with simple tools, instruction, and patience.

You're a long way from hkville. If you just want to do a standard pistol grip conversion, you should probably take it to AZEX. I know Derek has done several of these, and he leaves your gun looking very nice. If you ever decide to chop it as short as the gun in the picture, I'd send it to Tromix since Tony seems to be the undisputed master of krink-like saiga's.

To install the side folder buttstock from www.Saiga-12.com;

Remove 3 buttstock screws and pull off original buttstock.

Slide new buttstock into place and install 2 machine screws.

You're done!

922r may apply

PS. Alternate source for sidefolder is www.tnguns.com if Saiga-12 is out of stock.

You're a long way from hkville. If you just want to do a standard pistol grip conversion, you should probably take it to AZEX. I know Derek has done several of these, and he leaves your gun looking very nice. If you ever decide to chop it as short as the gun in the picture, I'd send it to Tromix since Tony seems to be the undisputed master of krink-like saiga's.

Cool your on this forum also,glad to see that.

P.S I stopped posting over at AZshooting,except to place adds.Scott

Yes. I've used KVars in the past and they fit perfect and look perfect.

Good to know, and thankyou for letting me know. I am expecting to pick up my Saiga this week. (It did not make it in for pickup last week) I am going to accumulate some mags for it then I plan on doing a conversion to it using a Kvar set and a tapco trigger group.

I saw that but did not see the sale price. That is a good deal on those. I understand that you can add this to your stock Saiga and it will not mess with the parts count since the folding stock is also made in Russia. Is that correct?

I hardly think an individual ever need bother themselves trying to

adhere to these utterly preposterous, absurd and arbitrary "How many Foreign derived parts

can dance on the head of a pin " bureaucratic conventions.

That's stuff is for importers, commercial builders & sellers to concern themselves with.

I'd think the BATF is about as likely to tear down John Q Public's modded AKM, FAL etc. to determine

the origin of the various parts as they are to engage in interplanetary FFL compliance.

Of course auto sears, shortening barrels obviously too short and mounting a can etc. is an entirely different matter.

J T Hut