Is Izhmash or the importers (eaa, raa) to blame for Saiga's lack of penetration in the US market? I can't figure out why I can get a Romy anywhere but Saigas are harder to find or, for that matter, why interordinace or someone isn't importing the standard AK-type Saiga recievers and making them 922r OK. They would probably be top sellers. Maybe everyone is just skittish about another ban?

Is Izhmash or the importers (eaa, raa) to blame for Saiga's lack of penetration in the US market? I can't figure out why I can get a Romy anywhere but Saigas are harder to find or, for that matter, why interordinace or someone isn't importing the standard AK-type Saiga recievers and making them 922r OK. They would probably be top sellers. Maybe everyone is just skittish about another ban?

My gut feeling is that RAA is a puppet of Izhmash, with very little working capital. If you go to their website, it's blatantly obvious that the text was written by someone who has not completely mastered the english language. Because Izmash is a very diverse company (automobiles, motorcycles, small arms, machines, etc.), they have very little to gain with the sale of sporting weapons in the US. I would imagine that the demand for military small arms greatly overshadows their demand for civilian sporting firearms. That being said, it might be that the person driving RAA just doesn't fully understand how to market the Saiga in the United States.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Saiga, and I'm glad that RAA exists. I'd just like to see Izhmash hire a knowledgeable American CEO for RAA, so that they could put forth a more aggressive marketing plan.

I have a lot of friends that are firearms enthusiasts, but most have zero knowledge of what a Saiga is, and what it's capabilities are. Hell, many gunshop owners don't understand the Saiga capabilities either. Fortunately one of my local shops has a rather large inventory of Saiga rifles, spare magazines, and Russian 7.62X39. His prices are fair, and consequently he sells the hell out of rifles. I think every regular customer in that place owns at least one of them. His sales staff are very good at Saiga product knowledge, and are big fans of the rifles.

It's all about marketing the product. Stacking them roof high in a warehouse, and creating a two-bit website is not an effective method of promoting a product for the long haul.

Let's hope they continue to sell well, so that Izhmash will dump more money into improving an already great rifle, and getting more of these rifles into mainstream gunshops.

Are we getting Saiga M soon in USA? I think this model are better with S-308

"Saiga-M" - the modernized version of "Saiga" carbines having the following changes: the heavier receiver, elongated barrel (555 mm), bolt with three locking lugs;

saiga_m.jpg

saiga5_6s.jpg

Yes I too wish we could get them just as shown above. If I had a .308 in the wood above, I would just run it as is.

I got reply back from RRA

HI DAVID,

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN OUR PRODUCTS. WE ARE NOT APROVED BY THE ATF TO BRING IN THE SAIGA M. SORRY..........

Are we getting Saiga M soon in USA? I think this model are better with S-308

"Saiga-M" - the modernized version of "Saiga" carbines having the following changes: the heavier receiver, elongated barrel (555 mm), bolt with three locking lugs;

saiga_m.jpg

saiga5_6s.jpg

Yes I too wish we could get them just as shown above. If I had a .308 in the wood above, I would just run it as is.

European model...

Yes... I am French and I buy this M Saiga to a French Gun Shop.

This model is a very good one, good quality and good precision with high quality barrel.

At my gun club everybody is impress.

Regards

ARTA

No way we can get that in the USA... not PC enough... because all the extra fun parts will make us insane...

Pretty spendy too, check out the website...

"avec 1 Chargeur de 30 Coups limité à 10 coups" = with 1 magazine of 30 rounds limited to 10...

so only allowed 10 round magazines... hmm

Are you allowed to convert them to larger capacity magazines in France.

Salut!

No way we can get that in the USA... not PC enough... because all the extra fun parts will make us insane...

Pretty spendy too, check out the website...

"avec 1 Chargeur de 30 Coups limité à 10 coups" = with 1 magazine of 30 rounds limited to 10...

so only allowed 10 round magazines... hmm

Are you allowed to convert them to larger capacity magazines in France.

Salut!

salut !

yes it is very easy to convert the mags 7.62x39 30 rounds limited to 10 , just two minutes to pick out of the mag a piece of metal ....

it is right that Izmash can not export mags of 30 rounds in France because the riffle Saiga are "hunting riffles"...for the export Law

but a child can convert the mags 7.62x39 limited to 10 in 30 rounds

the problem is for the cal 223 Rem because we have only little mags for 10 rounds...no possibility to have 30 rounds in 223

If you know a Gun shop who can export them to France, thank you for your help :angel: