I have been wanting a carbine for a while, and thinking about several options, and the CX4 sounds like the perfect gun for me I shot one today at a local indoor range and it was very nice although it did have a suprisingly strong recoil for 9mm. It seems to have way more than my pistol. First impressions are very faverable.

Hello

I have a .45 ACP CX4, ditto on the recoil. Surprisingly accurate little gun, though.

I believe the hi-caps haven't been pushed for this carbine because it would detract from its compact, very lightweight qualities.

Not to say I wouldn't jump all over a few if they were offered, though!

I've never regretted buying mine. I paid less than $400 for it, a few years ago. I like the idea of ammo compatibility with my pistols. It would make an excellent SHTF weapon, that's one reason the ammo compatibility might be important.

It's got an Aimpoint Comp MX-2 2x red dot mounted, that seems to be an ideal sight for my old eyes and the .45 cartridge.

post-3965-1179715881_thumb.jpg

post-3965-1179715851_thumb.jpg

Ive had mine for a couple years now,think i paid around $410 for the basic gun but i heard they have gone way up in price,the rails are extra and are kinda pricey.I shoot MDS 20rd mags (only hi cap i would use) that work great.They are basicly factory mags made in Italy.CDNN has new pre ban Law Enforcement marked mags for $25 bucks.The mag spacers that cover the space between the mag well and bottom of the mags i got from Houts Enterprises,they also have the mags but they are $$, they have all the accessorys for the Storms.Theres a Ultra Dot red dot scope on top right now.I almost always take this gun and a Glock 19 9mm to the range when i go because there both such fun guns to shoot together.

BerettaStorm.jpg

100_0931-1.jpg

Edited by Pointer

if you could still find them for 400+/- that would be ideal. At 600+, its a bit less tempting. If the .45 version is limited to low caps, consider holding out for a Hipoint carbine in .45, which are comming out later this year.

Pointer from the prone or from a rest what kid of groups can you get a 100 yards?

Ive only shot it off a bench twice and that was to site the red dot at 25 yards,might do an inch at 50 yards?? Its certainly not unaccurate.Its not a 100yard gun,i think thats pushing the 9mm,its more of a close combat weapon. We usualy shoot 4" steel plates at 25-50yards for speed, not serious competition,we just set up two homemade 6 plate stands and a bunch of empty beer/pop cans then go at it..It handles surprisingly well,very light wieght.The only complaint would be the trigger could be a couple pounds lighter,but i can say that for most guns ;)

Edited by Pointer
If the .45 version is limited to low caps, consider holding out for a Hipoint carbine in .45, which are comming out later this year.

Doesn't the Hi Point 45 use a single stack mag. I can't believe I'm even comparing the two :rolleyes: I realy don't like Hi Points.

• 2 weeks later...
Geez,i just went to my FFL buddys place today and he lets me look at his prices from different distibutors.Cheapest basic CX4 9mm we found was $637.....his price :eek: I think i made a good investment.

I have the CX4 in .40. I paid about $550 from Buds a little over a year ago. Since then I added all the goodies and probably have around $1100 total invested. It's a sweet shooting carbine. I also have the 9mm & .40 Hi-Point carbines which perform very well and are very accurate. True, the HP "Planet of the Apes" look is one only a mother could love, but I dressed the 9mm up with the ATI stock which makes it look a lot like the CX4. For the money the HP's are a great value IMO. Total for both HP's and accessories is under $550. :smoke:

My CX4 dressed:

CX43-1-06004.jpg

The HP 995 with ATI stock, and the HP 4095 with my homemade bipod/VFG carrier:

ATIStock7-24-06046.jpg

For the money the HP's are a great value IMO. Total for both HP's and accessories is under $550. :smoke:

That I can agree with totally, they are a good deal, rifles and pistols both. Nice Storm BTW.

This isn't mine but its what I've been thinking about doing...I just have this nagging sensation that threading an imported rifle would be illegal since that threaded configuration was never approved for importation. Have to dig through 922 again. :rolleyes: Probably not even worth my time, I imagine the action lets out too much noise.

cx4_w_can.jpg

http://www.ashoutdoors.com/Home_Page.html

Edited by KySoldier

If you could thread and suppress it, I'd look into getting it SBR'ed as well, leaving just enough barrel in front of the sight to thread and mount the suppressor.

My reason being keepin' it handy and short overall.

Now if only I had money, and more importantly, if I was 21.

Actually I wanted to keep it long. I've got my M11 as the shorty, so I'm looking at what rifle I could suppress in 9mm. Not a whole lot of options out there. And taking the barrel down would require the extra step of opening the gas port and SBRing it makes it harder to sell if I change my mind later on. Lot to consider, that's why I haven't bought one yet.

I really like mine . 9mm . Recoil is a bit of a surprise , more then you'd think . I do plan to SBR it and get rid of that damn thumbhole loop too . Most of my 9mm cans are for mg's , I think a low profile ,about 7 in. tube will be fine for this semi .

I'm admittedly not very well traveled in the world of firearms, but I always thought the recoil on my CX4 40 cal. was soft. I've never shot the 9mm or .45 version, but this rifle was my ex's favorite out of over 30 guns and she was a real puss. :smoke:

CX4StormCarbine.jpg

Well I am now the proud owner of a CX4 Storm, evil carbine in 9mm, I like the gun but have not fired mine yet I stell have to install the top rail which I'll get done in the next few days. Hope to use it in an upcoming 3 gun match. Maybe I can talk RonSwin into using his carbine next time at black Creek.

I love my Storm40. It's a very fast-handling rifle and points well. I don't think I'd consider it my primary SHTF weapon as something with more range and penetration would be better. I think my Storm makes an excellent HD weapon though because of its superb handling and less flash, noise and recoil than my other long guns. It's also great because I can use it at the indoor range. And should the gun-grabbers somehow ban all traditional long gun ammo I'd still have my little PCC - although if things got that bad it'd probably be banned too.

For those who asked: Flash hider = illegal.

It handles surprisingly well,very light wieght.The only complaint would be the trigger could be a couple pounds lighter,but i can say that for most guns ;)

Fix trigger

Edited by Fla40
Well I am now the proud owner of a CX4 Storm, evil carbine in 9mm, I like the gun but have not fired mine yet I stell have to install the top rail which I'll get done in the next few days. Hope to use it in an upcoming 3 gun match. Maybe I can talk RonSwin into using his carbine next time at black Creek.

how much are cx4's running these days?

I'm admittedly not very well traveled in the world of firearms, but I always thought the recoil on my CX4 40 cal. was soft. I've never shot the 9mm or .45 version, but this rifle was my ex's favorite out of over 30 guns and she was a real puss. :smoke:

CX4StormCarbine.jpg

recoils relative , sorry if I gave the impression that it was a shoulder wreaking beast . obviously it's not . My other 9mm carbines are Colts and HK's , it simply has more felt recoil then them . I was comparing apples to apples , sorry that wasn't clear . Will

Edited by Red Jacket

recoils relative , sorry if I gave the impression that it was a shoulder wreaking beast . obviously it's not . My other 9mm carbines are Colts and HK's , it simply has more felt recoil then them . I was comparing apples to apples , sorry that wasn't clear . Will

No reflection toward you either Will, just a lighthearted jab at the ex...lol. Now my Saiga .308 is a bit on the uncomfortable side. :smoke:

I have the Storm now but have not shot it, I picked the storm for several reasons first I have a Beretta 92 FS and must be one of the few people in the world that actually like it and I have a bunch of mags for it. Also I shoot left handed and do about every thing else right handed, with the Storm I can have a gun that's set up for a lefty! 9mm ammo is pretty cheap Walmart Winchester White box that is. The Storm can be Blinged to a an extent.

I think the Storm was a good choice for my purpose, if not my wallet. Still I have a high quality little carbine which will serve me well.

I have the Storm now but have not shot it, I picked the storm for several reasons first I have a Beretta 92 FS and must be one of the few people in the world that actually like it and I have a bunch of mags for it. Also I shoot left handed and do about every thing else right handed, with the Storm I can have a gun that's set up for a lefty! 9mm ammo is pretty cheap Walmart Winchester White box that is. The Storm can be Blinged to a an extent.

I think the Storm was a good choice for my purpose, if not my wallet. Still I have a high quality little carbine which will serve me well.

i tried to get my buddies 92... i like it too

hammer... decocker... safety

unlike my glock... think i can get a storm for my glock?

For those who asked: Flash hider = illegal.

You referring to my idea of threading the barrel? I wouldn't be adding a flash hider :)

i tried to get my buddies 92... i like it too

hammer... decocker... safety

unlike my glock... think i can get a storm for my glock?

You can get a Storm for an AR15 :rolleyes: Seems like I'm always seeing Storms, decked out with everything, that people want to trade.

Edited by KySoldier
I have been wanting a carbine for a while, and thinking about several options, and the CX4 sounds like the perfect gun for me I shot one today at a local indoor range and it was very nice although it did have a suprisingly strong recoil for 9mm. It seems to have way more than my pistol. First impressions are very faverable.

heard it's very nice , but it's kinda expensive here in ny the 9mm it's like 800.00 bucks , i end up getting the copy hi point with ati stock i'm planning of getting one but for 800.00 bucks i might just get custom ak or ar-15

post-6697-1181368622_thumb.jpg

Edited by johnny79