I have the opportunity to puchase a benelli shotgun from a reputable friend. He has told me that it is the predecessor to the super 90 and that its a m121 m1, so my question is, for the price of 200 dollars, is this a fair deal. I am not in the habit of screwing or getting screwed by my friends. Secondly is there anyway to make shure what he is selling me is correct? seeing as I cannot afford the tromix toys i want, i was thinking this was more in my budget. any thoughts or imput would be greatly appreciated.

-gavno-

Hi

You may find that the Bennelli M1 is recoil/inertia operated. it relies on the power of the cartridge to cycle its action, i have known people with these guns that have reported ammunition sensitivity problems. i think once you sort out what ammo it likes it should be a great gun, price sounds good too.

assassin

Hi

You may find that the Bennelli M1 is recoil/inertia operated. it relies on the power of the cartridge to cycle its action, i have known people with these guns that have reported ammunition sensitivity problems. i think once you sort out what ammo it likes it should be a great gun, price sounds good too.

assassin

I think this shotgun predates the inertia driven Benelli design, that's kind of what I was getting at. While the current Benellis are a class of their own, this would be a shotgun to compare to Winchesters, Berettas, and the like.

• 2 months later...

so i have been slacking.

This shotgun shoots super sweet. the only detraction is the tube mag.. Oh how i despise reloading times. Well makes me just want to save up for a saiga.

Here is a pic.

notice the tube extension is soldered on. and the hackjob of a pistolgrip stock. that will be fixed soon.

post-5688-1185769460_thumb.jpg

• 10 months later...

GO FOR IT! I have a Benelli Nova and it is an awsome shotgun. Mine is a 26" smoothbore and I can slug out to 100 yards inches apart and it is smoooth! I know I could reach further out w/ optics and a longer range.

It is unfortunate though cause I am looking for a 243,.410 combo for my son and my wife says my inventory is to big to buy so I need to trade or sell. I really do not have a good reason not to pick this first. So if you know someone in the market for an awsome shotgun and has a combo like a Rossi or NEF and would like to trade head them over my way.

200 bucks is a steal....I would jump on that!