What is your rifle's "official" accuracy?

Both my Saigas came with an "Acceptance Certificate" part of which is 100 meter, 4 shot, "accuracy of fire" listing. I'm just curious as to what everyone has for theirs and how much variation there might be. Also, are you finding your rifle to be more, less, or about as accurate as listed.

Please include caliber, barrel length, date inspected (it's on there as year, month, date) and for giggles the inspector. I guess that's the number in the trapezoid? Mine:

.223 16" 7/3/2006 inspector 118 - 126mm.

p.s. my certificate says my rifle has been "manufactured, accepted, slushed and packed in accordance with the requirements of the State standards..." What the heck is slushed?

Edited by Fla40

I thought I knew where that stuff was, know I got it...somewhere.

I do know that with some old IMI ball the rifle grouped better than "official" (iron sights).

I think the slushing is a preservative oil to prevent corrosion in storage and shipping.

I think that test firing doesn't mean much. Its just a check for function, so long as it fires four shots into a decent sized area it passes. I'm sure its a factory type test where they blast of 4 shots of cheap ammo rapid fire, and move on to the next rifle to test. You'd never get a pedigree from Izmash saying 4 shots went into 13" circle... that rifle would be reworked or rejected.

7.62 / 20" / 104mm

After my first time shooting the rifle, I found it to be less accurate. But that may be because I've never shot this type of rifle before. At 25 yards the groups were tight, but off center. I am thinking about getting a scope so I dont have to bother with adjustments. Just seems like it would take all day to sight it properly.

POSP or red dot?

It doesn't really mean much. Just that it was test fired for function, not accuracy. My acceptance certificate says < 150 mm. Okay, that's not good, but in reality it shoots around 2.5 - 3 inches at 100 yards with Wolf ammo. The Mil spec Wolf is more accurate because it's a true .311 dia. The Black box Wolf is .310 dia. Don't know why this is, but it's what my calipers say. The .311 mil spec will grab more of the rifling so that is why it's more accurate.

When I first read my acceptance certificate I was concerned too. I called RAA about it, and left a message. A real nice gentleman called me back in 20 minutes. From what their liaison says is that these are fired off hand at a target for function testing. He agreed with me that that is excessive, even for an AK. However, he said that if it don't shoot better than that to give them a call, and they would do whatever it takes to make me happy.

Well, I had it converted, and took it out Monday to sight it in with my new Kobra Collimator sight. Once I got it set, I put 7 out of 11 shots inside a 3 inch circle at 65 yards, with an extreme spread of only 2 inches out of the seven inside the circle. And that was a sighting in session with a warm barrel, and one sight change after I finally got it in the circle.

The bright afternoon sun played havoc on my Kobra, but on it's brightest setting it was acceptable. I didn't bother to put the sun shade on it. After I got tired of paper, I found a couple of clay disks laying around the skeet shooters missed. I set them a little further and picked both of them off with 3 shots of a bag. Needless to say I'm :D

• 1 year later...
I think that test firing doesn't mean much. Its just a check for function, so long as it fires four shots into a decent sized area it passes. I'm sure its a factory type test where they blast of 4 shots of cheap ammo rapid fire, and move on to the next rifle to test. You'd never get a pedigree from Izmash saying 4 shots went into 13" circle... that rifle would be reworked or rejected.

+1! I have a 16" 7.62X39 and a 16" .308. The certificates that came with the guns both indicated that the test groups were about 4" at 100m. My X39 easily shoots 3" groups at 100 yards with regular Wolf ammo. My .308 shoots 2" groups at 100 yards. I think that they are just checking for proper functioning and meeting a minimal accuracy standard at the factory.

• 1 month later...

My twins are 2 Saiga 7.62 X 39's 16" barrels 1 says 124mm and the other says 132mm. I was quite suprised when I shot them for the first time. We were shooting steel and Tannerite and both rifles were so close I put the sight tool away. I've NEVER had that happen with any american made rifle. We set up some 10 X 10in. steel targets on a hill accross a canyon (200-225yards) and both Saiga's had rounds dancing and hitting the steel. I'm impressed the factory took time to site the rifles in. All my shots were off hand. If i'm in a fight something tells me the enemy won't let me set up a table to get a steady shot at them. Mostly Wolf black box and some Russian surplus I got 4 years ago. Compared to prices now that was cheap,1320 rounds 150$

Edited by SJgunguy24

Mine was 94 mm must have been a good day,

I got close to that with iron sites supplied with no mods,..sn blurred

ONE THING i THOUGHT WAS GREAT WAS THE MODEL LISTING,... wow!!

I still think mine is the coolest,...Type C on the upper right side, Russian wood furniture thumb hole,.. 7.62 x 39

oh yeah, plus some arrowheads I found,..

post-9483-1219199710_thumb.jpg

post-9483-1219199760_thumb.jpg

post-9483-1219199872_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gas Giant

Until I saw this thread, I never actually looked at the documentation. I knew how to strip an AK from my Romak-3, so I didn't even bother to look.

Saiga .223 20.5 inch barrel:

93mm, tested on 06 09 30 (by our markings, 9/30/2006). Equivalent to 3.6 inches, and given what I saw at the range I have no reason to doubt it. I consider that more than acceptable for what I paid for it.

XPur, that's a fine rifle you've got there.