Can this be done?

Nothing is gonna just drop right in. The problem is there is a plate spotwelded across the bottom of the receiver (like on all saigas) that covers the real trigger hole. The .308 is different than the other Saigas because it has a trigger directly attached to the part of the fcg that grabs the hammer (sear for lack of a better word) but it is still swept way back and comes down thru a different hole.

You CAN use a G-2 or other FCG but first you have to remove that abomination they call an FCG in there, drill out the spotwelds, and remove the bottom plate. Then you have to modify and reattach the trigger guard where it belongs. Why on earth would anyone want to go to all that trouble and not finish the job with a pistol grip?

Ahh NY, Kali....well if that's the case you are either going to have to get used to the crappy Saiga trigger or sell it and get a smaller caliber.

The x39 and the .223 fcgs CAN be switched out without having to remove the plate and relocate the TG but it is also a pain in the ass. First you have to disassemble the existing FCG without removing the pins (unless you replace them), and then you have to reassemble it using the G-2 or whatever after cutting the actual trigger off and grinding the bottom smooth to match the Saiga "trigger".

Way too much work...

Convert you heathens!!

BTW if anyone wants to go thru a half conversion I will be happy to modify a G-2 FCG for you that will drop right in and work in your unconverted Saiga x39, .223. or any of the shotguns *(you will of course, first have to do what I described above)*. Just send me a PM. I have a few G-2s laying around or you can send me yours.

This mod will include removing the actual trigger and grinding the rest to match, shortening and polishing the right hand side of the hammer to clear the BHO (upon request if you have one), and also polishing the contact surfaces to a mirror finish to vastly improve performance. (also upon request just in case you prefer a rough heavier pull)

*On the S-12, S-20, and S-.308, I will also need to grind the "hump" off the lower face side of the hammer to clear the crossmember. On the S-410, x39, and .223 this is not necessary.

For that matter if anyone wants their FCG polished to perfection, send it to me and I will hook you up!

Edited by Cobra 76 two
Convert you heathens!!

+1

Hardest part is getting the plate off. If you can dremel away those rivets you can get the whole plate off without even touching the spot weld. Then you can work away at that or replace with an AK one.

If you can do that, the conversion is done.

Seriously.

Convert you heathens!!

+1

Hardest part is getting the plate off. If you can dremel away those rivets you can get the whole plate off without even touching the spot weld. Then you can work away at that or replace with an AK one.

If you can do that, the conversion is done.

Seriously.

That's true with all the other Saigas but remember the .308 bottom plate is spotwelded on instead of riveted. It's a mother to get off.

That's true with all the other Saigas but remember the .308 bottom plate is spotwelded on instead of riveted. It's a mother to get off.

Ah, ya learn something new every day. I stand corrected. I bought my 308 already PG converted.

O.K. take a carbide milling cutter or spotweld cutter to it. :up:

Thank you for all your input, I thought I can just replace S-308 trigger or FCG, I'm from Kali... We are so lucky to own Saiga in our state I guess I will need to get used to the trigger on S-308.

B)-->

QUOTE(G O B @ May 23 2007, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How's the handguard fit? I am going to do this with mine also. Just waitin' for a 'round'twoit.

Handguard fits fine with a little work. Used an 1 1/8 hole saw on an extention to "hog" out

some of it. Once it was about to fit,used a 1" drum sander on the extention to finial fit.

Need to redrill the hole for a mount,but you can put a sling mount on the old hole,so all is good.

The large problem is getting an RPK set on the S-308. Working on making a lower handguard

retainer now. Then what color to do the S-410 in camo!! So many projects,so little time.

CnR

Not to cut DinZags products,but when you have a full fabracation shop at hand,you try to

make it happen yourself. Also have a friend with a machine shop.

I'm just in the right place at the right time.

My company builds mobile medical trialers(48' +).

The guys out in the "fab" shop can do most

anything,for a 12 pack!! :smoke::smoke::smoke:

What they can't do my buddy can.

CnR