Issue w/ my gun already!?

Hey guys im hopeing someone can help me with and issue im having already

I was at the range with my saiga this weekend.. I fired about 10-20 rounds through the gun and then something very strange and annoying started to happen.. I loaded the mag, charged the gun - after firing 1 shot, the trigger wouldnt come back to firing position. At first I figured it was a jam or something so i pulled the bolt back and a full round popped out... no jam

after doing this i fired about 2 rounds and the same thing happened. Instead this time I wiggled the gun and tapped it on the counter top... the trigger then clicked back to regular position and i was able to fire again.

This was happening every 2 or 3 shots. sometimes it would click back by itself after waiting a few seconds in between shots. Other times id have to wiggle and smack it a little in order for it to go.

I cant for the life of me figure out why this is happening. Has this ever happened to any of you guy? is it something i can fix? Keep in mind im a newb so you might have to brake it down a little (this is the first firearm ive owned)..

any input is much appreciated.

I would suggest return the rifle to the importer for them to fix or most in instance, they will replace your rifle with new one. This is a serious safety issue. I had my .223 Saiga return to the importer becuasue of double fire problem and they gave me a new rifle. Contact the importer at www.raacfirearms.com, they will pay for the shipping.

I had this very problem and found it to be one of the hammer spring "legs" was off the trigger; check that first. After I bent the spring so it would stay in place, I haven't had a single issue.

One of mine had the same problem and it to was the hammer spring. The Bolt Hold open pushed the spring to toward the center and caused the failure. I bent the spring around the BHO and have not had a problem since.

I had this very problem and found it to be one of the hammer spring "legs" was off the trigger; check that first. After I bent the spring so it would stay in place, I haven't had a single issue.

One of mine had the same problem and it to was the hammer spring. The Bolt Hold open pushed the spring to toward the center and caused the failure. I bent the spring around the BHO and have not had a problem since.

i will take a look but as i said, im pretty new at this stuff... hopefully i can figure it out... theres really no way for we to check to see if it works without firing it.. anoying

BE ADVISED: Devildog touched on this but wasn't clear. It sounds like the hammer in your rifle isn't catching on the hammer which means IT HAS A POTENTIAL TO SLAM FIRE. That means it could accidentally fire multiple rounds when you pull the trigger, especially if you are using hunting ammo or soft primer not mil spec. It could also possibly fire when you pull the charging handle back and let go of it and then continue to slam fire after that. Don't fire it anymore until you have this problem solved.

If I am wrong guys, somebody slap me and call me a retard.

BE ADVISED: Devildog touched on this but wasn't clear. It sounds like the hammer in your rifle isn't catching on the hammer which means IT HAS A POTENTIAL TO SLAM FIRE. That means it could accidentally fire multiple rounds when you pull the trigger, especially if you are using hunting ammo or soft primer not mil spec. It could also possibly fire when you pull the charging handle back and let go of it and then continue to slam fire after that. Don't fire it anymore until you have this problem solved.

If I am wrong guys, somebody slap me and call me a retard.

You are no retard. There are a few things that could cause this problem. What Axman and I were suggesting is to start with the easiest and most common before going through the time and expense of sending the rifle away. By all means if you do not find an obvious cause then send it off. Don't take a chance with a weapon that you are unsure of.

ax man and madmilo - thanks for your responces i do think this may be my issue.

I am looking at the trigger section now... the problem is that I really dont know how it should look so its hard to find the problem. to the left of the trigger there is a spring with legs. the coil itself seems a little bent to the left, away from the trigger, not much though. the leg in the front extends strait. the back leg comes out and then hooks diagnally away from the trigger. is this how yours looked? if so... how did you bend it?

does anyone know of a site that may have pics of how mine should look?

post-6221-1180577282_thumb.jpg

post-6221-1180577447_thumb.jpg

i dont know if these pics will help... does anything look wrong folks?

thanks

Josh

ax man and madmilo - thanks for your responces i do think this may be my issue.

I am looking at the trigger section now... the problem is that I really dont know how it should look so its hard to find the problem. to the left of the trigger there is a spring with legs. the coil itself seems a little bent to the left, away from the trigger, not much though. the leg in the front extends strait. the back leg comes out and then hooks diagnally away from the trigger. is this how yours looked? if so... how did you bend it?

does anyone know of a site that may have pics of how mine should look?

post-6221-1180577282_thumb.jpg

post-6221-1180577447_thumb.jpg

i dont know if these pics will help... does anything look wrong folks?

thanks

Josh

The problem I had was with the other side closest to the saftey and bolt hold open lever. It appears that it is place but I can't really see it from that angle.

You need to make sure that both legs are hooked on the rear "shelf" of the trigger and stay that way. Sometimes they require a little bending to stay put.

It looks to me like the right leg is not hooked.

You need to make sure that both legs are hooked on the rear "shelf" of the trigger and stay that way. Sometimes they require a little bending to stay put.

It looks to me like the right leg is not hooked.

It does look like it's hooked too close to the bend. I would like to see it from the other side to be sure that it's not just the photo.

can you be a little more specific? which are you considering the right leg? the leg toward the stock or barrel?

I dont want to bend anything the wrong way and mess it up even more..

I really appreciate the help

From the back of the gun, look at the right side. The spring should hook in just like the one on the left that you have pictured. If it overlaps too much it will cause the problem you discribed.

in other words - bend the longer leg on the right so it hooks in toward the center (away from the wall)... ? it should be under, not overlapping that wire thingamuhjig?

It is really hard to explain like this. Get one that works and take the covers off and compare them. I can't tell from the picture for sure what is wrong here. You need on photo looking straight down so both side of the spring are visible. From what I see it looks like the right side may be shoved toward the center too far but I can't really tell. It also looks like the spring may be gummed up on the right side of the hammer. Even if I can see the problem it is hard to explain without being there. If you are friendly with any of the gun shops in your area (the mom and pops I find are the best) they may be able to help you by looking at it for you. You can also go to the saiga conversion site and see how the spring is supposed to ride in the reciever. I know yours is not converted but the spring rides the same in both.

thanks for your help madmilo, i understand that its hard to explain - specially typing it out.

can anyone take a quick snapshot of theirs?

while not a snapshot of a saiga,

this is a standard ak fire group, with trigger in military position, not a saiga unconverted with a trigger in a more rearward position, the principle is the same..you can see the ends of the springs it should look similar to this at the ends of the springs..

I had this happen to my gomy, and one of the ends of the spring had dislodged from the proper location..pic of ak fire group spring

this explains why the angle of the pic was important..

hope this helps

from the pic, the right side looks ok, the left side may have slipped off..

mapper

Edited by mapper