What conversions to the saiga are legal in NY

Hey what's the story on conversions for the saiga in NY are pistol grips legal, are 8 and 10 round mags legal, etc. I have read on the site that it is illegal in some places to have high capacity mags, and even pistol grips on the saiga, did the laws change on this now that its 2007 :smoke::angel: .

no the law is still the same. no shotgun mag past 5 rounds, as they were not made before 1994, and the gun is a semi auto shotgun with a detachable box mag, so cannot be pistol gripped.

see my signature line for a link to legal sources

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm... weird... the local DEC officer had a blast playing with mine... Thumbhole stock, and 10 round mag inserted... he thought it was the cats ass... and wanted one himself!!

Go figure...

:smoke:

from the words of the district attourney, several lawyers, several state police officers that sit at desks, the head of the NY dec, and a few others...

the NY laws were written as inclusive. they can and will interpret them just as much as you and me do.

go ahead, get away with it. just dont say that I didnt warn you.

:)

I should get a pic of my local dec officer. shes pretty hot LOL. she loves fining people too. we flee when we see her coming.

ignore me all you want, thats ok.

my s12 now resides in the state of florida. I suggest you think about what you will do with yours when you have to convert it BACK to the sporter config before you bring it to the local sherriff to declare it.....

FAR FROM IT! you are assuming that it is no longer mine....I have also thinned my collection I have ON ME down to nine guns. I will have them all together again this summer or fall. FAR FROM HERE.

besides, it will be easier to get the FFL Im going to need to start my ammo business like I have been wanting to for a few years now, WHEN I LEAVE THE FACIST STATE OF NEW YORK FOR GOOD THIS YEAR. my area doesnt even feel like home anymore, with what they have done to it and all.

yup, call me what you will, but this not-so-conservative republican is getting the fuck out of this place. to hell with these NYcidiots.

so LOOK OUT because you might have ME as your neighbor DIXIE BOYS!

..........and about fucking time, Ben....... Get out of there into the free world. ("Free" being a comparative term......)

You'll fit in okay down south as long as you don't start that shit about "how we do it up north...." Nobody gives a shit how it's done up north.

(as in: "If its so goddam great up there, why are you here???")

Myself, having been both places (north and south), you'll like it better anywhere than New York State..........

Hurry up and get the fuck away from there !!!!! It'll change your life.......................

FAR FROM IT! you are assuming that it is no longer mine....I have also thinned my collection I have ON ME down to nine guns. I will have them all together again this summer or fall. FAR FROM HERE.

besides, it will be easier to get the FFL Im going to need to start my ammo business like I have been wanting to for a few years now, WHEN I LEAVE THE FACIST STATE OF NEW YORK FOR GOOD THIS YEAR. my area doesnt even feel like home anymore, with what they have done to it and all.

yup, call me what you will, but this not-so-conservative republican is getting the fuck out of this place. to hell with these NYcidiots.

so LOOK OUT because you might have ME as your neighbor DIXIE BOYS!

If you are moving South, this thread will help you to acclimate. You are making the only reasonable choice for a FREE American. Good luck.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=17501

thanks for the encouragement guys, and the thoughts. it isnt going to be easy for me to do this move, partly due to the fact that I sit 10 miles from where I was born.

but, like i said, it isnt the same place I once knew, anymore. so F it. im outta here. anywhere is better than this shithole.

...and NY cant have my saiga12. Ive ensured they cant take it, for whatever reason. they can forget I ever lived here, to boot, while they are at it.....you other NYers, you might want to talk to someone that knows the law like I did (I spoke with a lot more than ONE person about it, and its advisable that you do the same) about the saiga shotguns and how that law reads.....hell, just go to the local courthouse and ask them how they read that law. trust me, the 50/50 grey area wont work out in your favor. it is ultimately read BY EVERYONE that I asked, as an inclusive law. im just the messenger, so dont give me an attitude about it, tell your assemblypersons.

...and while you have them on the phone, ask them where the "arms cache" law went, and also ask why you are a class A felon if you move and have to transport more than ten guns to your new home in one shot.

oh, NY can go fuck itself, alright.....this used to be a great place to live, once upon a time.....you shouldnt have to notarise bills of sale, or take extra steps to "cover your ass" from the local government, because some dipshit dont know what the fuck america IS anymore, and cant even write a law that isnt confusing or trickster-ish to boot.

unlike a lot of people that just say the shit, Ive actually had a lot of experience with those same laws that make me a criminal when i didnt do anything wrong ANYWAY. until then, dont tell me how the DA will see your converted saiga shotgun when he has your entire gun collection in lockup and doesnt have to even return it. if you want to give them a reason, GO FOR IT. I wont, anymore. just dont say that i didnt try to warn you.

sorry for the rant and the attitude. im in a pretty foul mood this afternoon, and Im not trying to inflict it upon anyone, but I am pissed off and thats just how it is....

aardvark, and I keep telling you that that is not what I am referring to. the part of the penal code that I am referring to has since dissapeared.

like I said, I dont really care anymore anyhow.

yeh thats what im hearing about it. I have something else lined up here in NY that will wind up keeping me here a little longer than I expected. WAY better money than I can get down there, although I have to move so fast, Im going to be dropping flat when I get home at the end of the day.