Ultimak S-12 Optic Rail

Are there any problems with the front sight screw that holds down the front of the mounting rail coming loose? Thre threads in the factory front sight screw seems small and I wonder if it lacks the strength to hold down the mount securely. Looks like a cool product that is long overdue.

Are there any problems with the front sight screw that holds down the front of the mounting rail coming loose?

So far, so good. Tony did drill out the the original screw hole and tap it for a bigger screw. I can't speak for the original screw or how well it would do. Damn day job is getting in the way of torture testing right now. The rail is awesome and will be worth the wait.

I wonder if it would be a good idea to include two front mounting screws with the optic rail. One that would fit the same threads as used with the existing front sight and another for the larger screw that needs gunsmithing to be installed. This would give users the option of using either screw. Plus, it shouldn't add too much to the cost since screws are not too pricey. Just a thought.

• 1 month later...