Fitting a POSP Scope to an AK rail??

I have a POSP scope I'd like to use BUT my AK has a standard AK rail.

Does anyone know if this can be done?

Does anyone make an adapter or anything like that??

Do I need to get a POSP rail and if I do will the holes on the receiver from the AK rail create any problems?

Thanks for your help

Fitting a POSP Scope to an AK rail??

I have a POSP scope I'd like to use BUT my AK has a standard AK rail.

Does anyone know if this can be done?

Does anyone make an adapter or anything like that??

Do I need to get a POSP rail and if I do will the holes on the receiver from the AK rail create any problems?

Thanks for your help

just what is a posp... i'm gonna start a dictionary for us and get a moderator to sticky it

Will your POSP slide on the rail from the front to the back?

If it will do that, it is an SVD mount and will not ever properly work on an AK style rail... the recoil forces will continuously work it loose.

if it fits on NEITHER way... Something is amiss...

:smoke:

Will your POSP slide on the rail from the front to the back?

If it will do that, it is an SVD mount and will not ever properly work on an AK style rail... the recoil forces will continuously work it loose.

if it fits on NEITHER way... Something is amiss...

nother stupid ?... SVD?

Your scope should have an adjusting nut on the bottom fot the leaver. Look at the bottom of you scope mount and you will see a nut and what looks like a wedge that ataches to the mount on the gun to lock it down. you can adjust the nut to make it fit. push the wedge down. ( it is on a spring) and trun the nut with a small screw driver. i may take a few tries to get it right. I did it on the one i have and it works great! pm me if you need any more help. It will work!

No.... the bottom one is the SVD mount... and will not work on a standard AK style mount... as mentioned above...

Is there a bend or a burr on the mount that is causing it to be so tight?!?!?

If it's that tight even with the adjustment all the way out then you should be able to just file away some of the alluminum on the mount where it's binding. Use a small triangular or blade type file. Also make sure you don't have a glob of paint or something on your siderail that's keeping it from going on. Then you know there's always lube ;) That stuff works wonders around tight places... :angel:

Mc C that's a great idea about a glossary. Let me know if you need any help. Just post a thread with all the acronyms you can think of and let people add to it whether they know the definitons or not. Not only just gun abbreviations and stuff but all those other ones people use when typing in forums like FWIW and YYMV or whatever it is....I'm sure all that stuff is available on wickipedia or something. We should maybe have two different ones, one just being gun words like FCG and GB for instance.

I'll sticky it in the welcome section for you.

Hey Juggs maybe that thing doesn't like your rifle! Send it to me and maybe it will like mine better. :smoke:

If it's that tight even with the adjustment all the way out then you should be able to just file away some of the alluminum on the mount where it's binding. Use a small triangular or blade type file. Also make sure you don't have a glob of paint or something on your siderail that's keeping it from going on. Then you know there's always lube ;) That stuff works wonders around tight places... :angel:

Mc C that's a great idea about a glossary. Let me know if you need any help. Just post a thread with all the acronyms you can think of and let people add to it whether they know the definitons or not. Not only just gun abbreviations and stuff but all those other ones people use when typing in forums like FWIW and YYMV or whatever it is....I'm sure all that stuff is available on wickipedia or something. We should maybe have two different ones, one just being gun words like FCG and GB for instance.

Hey Juggs maybe that thing doesn't like your rifle! Send it to me and maybe it will like mine better. :smoke:

you girl is on it to... i suggested it start with fucktard and gary's definition

you girl is on it to... i suggested it start with fucktard and gary's definition

Yeah, I am. I want to learn as much I can. About politics and guns. This is a great forum for both but you need to learn the lingo. BTW, WTF does YYMV mean? :lolol:

BTW, WTF does YYMV mean? :lolol:

AGNTSA FWIW, YMMV=your mileage may vary

edit:

Aw Geez, Not This Shit Again.

For What It's Worth

;)

shit negro... that's all you had to say...

lol.. sorry... couldn't resist

cobra's dyslexic... i knew ymmv... he said yymv

since we are peddling code...

why didn't you just spell out aardvark????

BTW, WTF does YYMV mean? :lolol:

AGNTSA FWIW, YMMV=your mileage may vary

edit:

Aw Geez, Not This Shit Again.

For What It's Worth

;)

shit negro... that's all you had to say...

lol.. sorry... couldn't resist

cobra's dyslexic... i knew ymmv... he said yymv

since we are peddling code...

why didn't you just spell out aardvark????

:ph34r: I really just wanted an excuse to throw AGNTSA into the mess of acronym's that were flying around.

been using 44rdv4rk for many years... i don't remember where i first used it, but i do remember that aardvark was already taken.

I've since seen many different aardvarks on many boards, but AFAIK I've been the only 44rdv4rk, so i've stuck with it.

lol... very creative...that nickname can get you in some lady trouble though