S7.62 single or double stack?

has to do with the magazine design. Single stack magazines have one row of bullets, double two. Saigas and most AKs use double stack magazines.

Why? even the russians don't believe in their small caliber. you got a 308 already right? get the .223. The Russians introduced the AK74 as an answer to the AR15 and failed.

The reason I'm thinking getting 5.45 is the ammo are cheap.. I think maybe half price of .223?

has to do with the magazine design. Single stack magazines have one row of bullets, double two. Saigas and most AKs use double stack magazines.

Why? even the russians don't believe in their small caliber. you got a 308 already right? get the .223. The Russians introduced the AK74 as an answer to the AR15 and failed.

I'm not sure how the 5.45 "failed" vs 5.56. They shoot about the same.

Ammo is cheap but corrosive. I have one a each.

Well, it's kind of a failure commercially. You can get 7.62x39 just about anywhere in the world. Try getting the 5.45 to feed your rifle and you'll understand what was meant.

i thought most country who had AK as their militery rifle use 5.45? so It shouldn't be hard to finding surplus ammo.

I'm not sure how the 5.45 "failed" vs 5.56. They shoot about the same.

Ammo is cheap but corrosive. I have one a each.

Well, it's kind of a failure commercially. You can get 7.62x39 just about anywhere in the world. Try getting the 5.45 to feed your rifle and you'll understand what was meant.

• 2 months later...