new here ... couple questions...

hello i just purchased a saiga in .223 caliber with a standard 10 rd and a 30 rd mag, and i was wondering about pistol grip conversions, the parts listed on the <a href = "http://www.saiga-12.com/products.asp">Main Site</a>, and a few other questions.

here we go:

would you recogmend doing a pistol grip conversion? is <a href= "http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=73157704">this</a> enough parts? how much does a gunsmith usually charge for this sort of thing?

would you recogmend the easy saiga sidefolding stock w/ pistol grip listed on the main site?

would you recogmend the ak upper and lower handguards on the main site?

would you recogmend the universal tactical grip from the main site?

what would you recogmend in place of these parts?

i was told it is possible to go fully auto or something close to it legally with a saiga! is this true? if so how?

im in florida if you were wondering.... thanks in advance!

I would recommend a full conversion to US parts, pistol grip, etc. Anyone with average mechanical/engineering common sense can muddle through it given time and patience. I would imagine that a gunsmith would charge upwards of 150$ in addition to part cost for this type of conversion, or you can do it yourself over the weekend.

Without taking a look at the folding stock/pistol grip on the main site, I can tell you that any aftermarket parts you change out on the gun make it illegal without a conversion.

I don't have any experience with the other parts you asked about.

I doubt there is any legal way to do full auto with a saiga if you are speaking of doing so mechanically, and I believe it may even be illegal to ask about on forums so I'll assume your question is poorly worded and guess that you're asking about a technique called "bump firing".

I'm not gonna give you any pointers on bump firing, but feel free to look it up yourself.

Unless you carry the proper manufacturing licenses issued by the BATFE, you cannot legal produce a full-auto, under penalty of at least a $10,000 fine, 10 years in a federal penatentary, and the lifetime loss of your right to ever own a firearm again, ever.

Now, there is the mishap know as slam-firing, which you don't want to ever happen since you have virtually no control of the weapon until it dumps its load of ammo down range in the highly generalized area you were pointing it when you let go of the charging handle.

Bump-firing, I'll leave to you as how to figure it out.

As stated above, I'll assume you mean the latter two instances, if not, shame on you.

anymore info on my above questions?

Sure - don't EVER mess with the Feds. Don't even THINK about it. Full-auto is (IMHO) just a silly way to waste good ammo.

As for your other questions, please use the search feature here: I think that will turn up previous posts that have detailed answers to most of your questions...