Best adjustable rear sight?

I just combed over some posts here and saw a web sight for Global Trades and they have windage adjustable peep rear sights. I am less than impressed with the factory rear sight on this gun. Of course the front post basically being off by 4 to 6" at 50 yards was a bit of a surprise too! So I will get the front sight adjustment tool.

Simply put, I picked up a 16" to give me a harder hitting beater deer rifle in the 0 to 200 yard range. I usually use AR's to hunt with but I hold myself to 125 yards with a red dot. At the same time a lot of my kills are right at 125 yards, always clean one shot kills due to using the right load etc.....I do not mind paying for accuracy in terms of a good sight due to using the gun for hunting.

I already slapped a red dot on it that was on my .410. I am sure it will be great to 200 yds once I get it to the range, but I want a rear sight I can dial in as well. The more adjustable the better. I see some kind of sight riding on the tromix conversions (HK?) but they switched out the front post too. I do not want to mess much with this gun.

If this gun works out, then next year I may have to choose betwen getting another .308 (tromix) or getting an AR upper in 6.8.

Edited by Zoub

Make sure you call them first to see if they are still available. I think I saw that sight you are talking about and when I called they had not had them in stock for some time. This was a few months (and several hundred beers) ago so my memory is a little fuzzy if this was in fact the same company.

I've been shopping around for windage adjustable sights for some time but I think I will stay with the stock ones until I get a rear sight receiver rail that goes over the top cover. That way I get the benefit of a longer sight radius.

Hey Zoub...

I did a refinish job on a customers AK the other day and it had a mojo adjustable rear sight on it. I was very impressed and will be getting one soon. Look into it, I think it might be what you are looking for. www.mojosights.com

Does anyone know how to remove saiga rear sight???

Thanks

Hey Zoub...

I did a refinish job on a customers AK the other day and it had a mojo adjustable rear sight on it. I was very impressed and will be getting one soon. Look into it, I think it might be what you are looking for. www.mojosights.com

Push down hard on the end of the leaf spring with a screwdriver while pulling on the sight leaf at a low angle to follow the groove in the sight block.

• 1 month later...

Push down hard on the end of the leaf spring with a screwdriver while pulling on the sight leaf at a low angle to follow the groove in the sight block.

Thanks guys.

I am driving down the highway today thinking about my .308 and how to remove my rear sight and then I remember this thread! I have been on the road a lot and moved too. I need to get this going as deer season is not really that far off.