11-Year-Old Arrested For Using Rubber Band Gun...

"An 11-year-old Ocoee boy was arrested for playing with a toy gun. Police said the arrest was necessary, because it was a safety issue."

Will someone in law enforcement please chime in and give me a clue as to what the "safety issue" may have been? Can charges really be justified because the victim was afraid?

Clowns creep me out. The next time I run into one I expect the police to be there to arrest them and to assure me that they are not in fact monsters in disguise like in Stephen King's novel, It.

Although as an aside even my 6 year old boy knows not to point his toy gun at strangers.

Figures his last name woud have to be "Woods" too. :rolleyes:

Maybe he should have gotten him a length of hollow bamboo tubing and a piece of string like that one headhunter tribe wears. :unsure:

Shit, some guys would be happy...:up:

"Let me get this straight, Mr. Woods...you're sueing because you're a big dick?" :unsure:

"Oops, I mean *BECAUSE* of a big dick?" :lol:

And he wen't to a hospital to get it treated?

Dr. Lorena Bobbit as attending surgeon? :unsure:

Where's that thread about Doctors being more dangerous than firearms now? :eek:

What a joke, but not surprising, We are turning into a nation of weenies. I cant believe how terrified of guns some people can be, it is just ridiculous.The kid probably shouldnt have been pointing it at other cars, but hey, HE'S A KID!!! The sad thing is that the poor kid will probably develop a distrust of police now, and they deserve it. Innocence lost over a rubber band gun.

As for the never ending boner... Call a hooker not a doctor :lolol:

About the kid who was arrested: it doesn't say what he was charged with but here is the Florida Statute that they must have used:

784.011 Assault.--

An "assault" is an intentional, unlawful threat by word or act to do violence to the person of another, coupled with an apparent ability to do so, and doing some act which creates a well-founded fear in such other person that such violence is imminent.

784.021 Aggravated assault.--

An "aggravated assault" is an assault:

(a) With a deadly weapon without intent to kill; or

( b ) With an intent to commit a felony.

Now they must have used aggravated assault (784.021) because it says he was facing felony charges and simple assault (784.011) is a misdemeanor. But is a rubber band gun a deadly weapon? As a Florida cop, would I have charged him? No fucking way.

Edited by SaltPeter
About the kid who was arrested: it doesn't say what he was charged with but here is the Florida Statute that they must have used:

784.011 Assault.--

An "assault" is an intentional, unlawful threat by word or act to do violence to the person of another, coupled with an apparent ability to do so, and doing some act which creates a well-founded fear in such other person that such violence is imminent.

784.021 Aggravated assault.--

An "aggravated assault" is an assault:

(a) With a deadly weapon without intent to kill; or

( b ) With an intent to commit a felony.

Now they must have used aggravated assault (784.021) because it says he was facing felony charges and simple assault (784.011) is a misdemeanor. But is a rubber band gun a deadly weapon? As a Florida cop, would I have charged him? No fucking way.

so at best brandishing a weapon?

OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK.........What a bunch of pricks.....case should be tossed IMMEDIATELY......and the 'victim' should fukkin GROW UP! What a way to 'man up', have a rubberband wielding 11 yr old 'mainiac' arrested:ded:

No wonder this country is going down the crapper----with POS polishitins,ACLU,Dems ,liberals ,etc we do not need any outside enemies...

"An 11-year-old Ocoee boy was arrested for playing with a toy gun. Police said the arrest was necessary, because it was a safety issue."

Will someone in law enforcement please chime in and give me a clue as to what the "safety issue" may have been? Can charges really be justified because the victim was afraid?

Clowns creep me out. The next time I run into one I expect the police to be there to arrest them and to assure me that they are not in fact monsters in disguise like in Stephen King's novel, It.

Although as an aside even my 6 year old boy knows not to point his toy gun at strangers.

About everyone I know says the same thing about clowns. They creep me out too. Grown men who wear makeup that like to play with little kids.

Edited by Racegal55

No, I would not have arrested him.

It would have been a simple matter to pull them over, check them out, see what happened and say "Be more careful next time."

I wonder if it was a reserve officer with a chip, or some overzealous rookie.

Now I did arrest a kid with a realistic C02 BB pistol once..................................

No, I would not have arrested him.

It would have been a simple matter to pull them over, check them out, see what happened and say "Be more careful next time."

I wonder if it was a reserve officer with a chip, or some overzealous rookie.

Now I did arrest a kid with a realistic C02 BB pistol once..................................

i had a cop looking for my brother once... asked if he could come in and look... advising me he had no warrant and i didn't have too

we walked around the rooms and he saw the taurus style airsoft gun and almost crapped himself... i advised him what it was... but he sure didn't see it as funny as i did

Guys and Gal, if you get the chance rent and watch "Idiocracy"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/

It will make you laugh your ass off, but on the other hand you'll probably agree with what's going on in the movie is pretty much a possibility...

Well, from what I read, it sure seems like a possibility. We're well on our way to the 'dumbing down' of America.

About everyone I know says the same thing about clowns. They creep me out too. Grown men who wear makeup that like to play with little kids.

There's only a few clowns I can't stand personally...

post-88-1181259941.jpg

post-88-1181259961.jpg

And, of course...:eek:

post-88-1181259985_thumb.jpg

There are some good things about clowns though...

post-88-1181260028.jpg :up:

gaddis, "the devils rejects" was definately better than the first rob zombie venture "house of 10,000 corpses".

I am actually impressed with rob Z's director skills, AND his wife. isnt that frank zappa's daughter???

definately worth watching both flicks in order (house of 10k corpses was the first one in the series), if you have never heard of these, and have time to watch without the kids.

awesome gun fight in the beginning of the second movie, btw. REALLY good music, too. well done flick, devil's rejects.

Hubba,Hubba Gaddis, WHO is that lovely blond haired 'clown'? :wub: Yours??

That lovely clown can try to creep me out anytime! :lolol::super::angel:

If shes yours then you seem to be a lucky man ----for her putting up with YOU!!!! :lolol::lolol::lolol::haha:

Um, I wish sometimes, ThousandSon. :wub:

(and for that "put up with you" crack): Fuck You! :lol:

(that, of course said in my best Sheri Moon Zombie "Devil's Rejects" "Fuck You" voice). :haha:

That happens to be Bob "Cummings" Zombie's main squeeze right now. :up:

And no, Bvamp. I don't think she's related to Frank Zappa in any way (like anything that fine could have squirted out of Mr. Zappa :eek: ). I think you have her mistaken with Moon Unit Zappa. :blink:

Or is that Dweezil Zappa I'm thinking of now? :unsure:

post-88-1181345611_thumb.jpg