• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In order for a classification to be found permissible under this test it must be proven, by the state, that there is a compelling interest to the law and that the classification is necessary to further that interest. The Court will also apply a strict scrutiny test if the classification interferes with fundamental rights such as first amendment rights, the right to privacy, or the right to travel.

The above is from http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/index.php/Equal_protection . Sorry but I don't see her basic rights being run down by my suggestion. Many judges issue such rulings with impugnity. If it was the statement "High profile cases need high profile punishment" that offends, then delete that statement and send her out cleaning toilets. :)

In order for a classification to be found permissible under this test it must be proven, by the state, that there is a compelling interest to the law and that the classification is necessary to further that interest. The Court will also apply a strict scrutiny test if the classification interferes with fundamental rights such as first amendment rights, the right to privacy, or the right to travel.

The above is from http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/index.php/Equal_protection . Sorry but I don't see her basic rights being run down by my suggestion. Many judges issue such rulings with impugnity. If it was the statement "High profile cases need high profile punishment" that offends, then delete that statement and send her out cleaning toilets. :)

The equal protection clause states that laws are applied to all equally. This includes punishment. If normal folks were assigned to clean toilets, then it would be fine for Paris to be sentenced to do so. Instead, she has to suffer the punishment all people who commit her crime serve.

Of course, if it applied in real life, the 14th would prohibit state gun laws.....Oh well.

she is on her way back to lockup.

crying because you are in jail is no reason to release someone from custody, and apparantly the judge and city attourney feel the same way LOL

go check the news...

just wait 'til the coke withdrawls REALLY kick in!

newt1.1554.paris.jpg

Thanks for the new desktop background!

Don't forget, they went easy on Debbie Lafave on time served because she was pretty as well......

hey its 1980s crack wars all over again, you dont like the "good times"?

I think it's worse. In Portland, OR they make the car thieves they catch sign a promise to appear(citation) and let them go. They had one on the radio who was caught in a stolen car and kicked loose three times in one day. We also had som meth-head try to steal live high voltage wires coming out of a power station for the copper... a passer-by called 911 to report a burning body at the power station. Zombies...

here in eugene or they kicked a violent methhead loose who went home and killed his wife and himself

I'm from L.A. and what's really fucked up here is that if she was average Jane Doe she would NEVER have gotten a jail sentence for what she did in the first place. I have a family member(R.I.P.) that didn't get jail on his sixth DUI in that city. They don't have enough resources for the real criminals in that hell-hole let alone Paris Hilton or anyone that actually PAYS taxes for that matter. It's a mess but for people to think Paris was deal with leniantly is wrong. It's funnier than hell how different the perception can be from the reality. Even where I live now I can look at the court sentencings for DUI while suspended and without insurance and even here in hicksville everyone gets a suspended sentence. We have Meth to thank for turning so many people into violent sociopaths. I see them all over... they are like real life Zombies.

but she had repeated wreckless driving as well i thought

i'm willing to bet her extremely high paid loyer most certainly would have tried everything and failed to keep her out to begin with...

that being said... if her rights were violated the judge would have been thrown off the bench in less time that this topic is old

she breaks the rules cuz she thinks she's better than everyone else... hence the "letter of the law" punnishment

Why, only every schoolboys fantasy is all....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debra_Lafave

But a kid F%@ker is a kid F%@ker no matter how pretty she is......

teacher_6.jpg

8169080_480X360.jpg

man, it aint jodi foster...

It ain't Jodi Foster... her name is Kim Richards. Her sister is Paris' Mom. Desides Disney movies, she also played Prudence on Nanny and the Professor on TV. She also appeared in the original Assault on Precinct 13(briefly lol) and Tough Turf where she made this fan very happy. :devil:

Most excellent !!!!!ROFL!!!

maybe... i know it's a long shot... but maybe she'll learn her lesson

ya see...your typing too fast, too many posts...gotta let those fingers rest so the blood can get pumped back up to your brain

Why, only every schoolboys fantasy is all....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debra_Lafave

But a kid F%@ker is a kid F%@ker no matter how pretty she is......

I hear what you're saying. Having teenage sons, I don't care what they fantasize about. If a woman that age messed around with my boys, I would have went off.