Warning on Saiga hammer with FSE trigger and disc.

I put this on another thread, but wanted to make sure every one sees this as well.

Little word of warning. I made a floor plate and follower for my mags so that I could use the original saiga hammer instead of cutting up my FSE hammer. When I went shooting I found out in a very bad way that this is a very bad idea to have an FSE trigger and disconnector, and a saiga hammer. It fires when you pull the trigger, AND WHEN YOU RELEASE IT. 2 shots, 1 pull, not a good thing. It was not that the hammer simply followed the bolt forward after firing, causing a slam fire, it would stay back until you released the trigger, then would fall for the second time. If anyone has done the same method I used and have not shot it yet, do not shoot it. Just cut off the nub on the new hammer so that it will fit.

Probably a good thing that I replaced it, cause the floor plate I made from sheet metal needed alot more work to have it feed perfectly every time anyway.

I just tried cycling my Saiga 12 w/ the Saiga hammer and Tapco FCG and it did not fire twice, I can't think what would be different using real ammo.

With gun cocked I pull the trigger and the hammer falls. While still pulling the trigger, I rack the bolt, cocking the hammer again and being held by the disconnector. I release the trigger and the hammer is caught by the hook of the trigger and the gun is back where it started. It sounds like your trigger hook is not catching the hammer when it passes from the disconnector for some reason. Try what I just did and see what it does (if it doesn't catch the hammer when releasing the trigger).

Yep, I have TAPCO too and it worked fine with the Saiga hammer, although I eventually put the TAPCO in.

Incidentally, I think this is actually legal. I remember some kind of 10/22 conversion "toy trigger" that would actually alter the trigger function to fire when released as well as when pressed, and that the device was ATF approved. Odd, eh? Of course, the utility in a shotgun is marginal.

It works fine now that I have cut off the bulge on the fse hammer and installed it. It was really fun to shoot, and safe since the bolt was in bettery when I released the trigger for shot 2. It is not legal as far as I know though to have it fire like that. It still only counts as 1 pull of the trigger causing multiple shots. Not legal.

I just used my dremel some tin snips, and some sheet metal that I had. It sucked. The floor plate didn't want to stay in. the sheet metal was to thin and bulged out. The follower was alright, but needed to be smoothed and polished so that it would not hang up. they are gone now. If I decide to build some mags and really take my time with them I will post pics.

Don't worry, as much as I think a 20 rd drum would be alot of fun, I will not build one and ruin this gun for all of us. I just want a cheaper way to get 3, 5, and 8 rd mags.

It works fine now that I have cut off the bulge on the fse hammer and installed it. It was really fun to shoot, and safe since the bolt was in bettery when I released the trigger for shot 2. It is not legal as far as I know though to have it fire like that. It still only counts as 1 pull of the trigger causing multiple shots. Not legal.

Sorry. . .to what "bulge" are you eferring? Please elaborate.