Poly- Choke for s20

Hey is there a poly-choke for the s20 yet?, because they make one for the s12. If so do you know the specs, such as how many settings does it have, is it ported,how far does it extend beyond the end of the barrel (how long), and price. :devil:

Thanks, Justin

Justin,

I too have a factory threaded 20ga that is waiting for chokes.

I spoke with poly-choke this week and they say that the 20 for the Saiga is still being designed. They already have a .20ga poly-choke but they have to make them with threads that match what the factory threaded barrels come with. They estimated that they should be available late this Summer.

I also contacted RAA about the Saiga factory chokes and they assure me that they have been ordered but no word on when they are expected to arrive. As usualy, hurry up and wait.

Let me know if you hear anything different.

Leo

Got an email from the guys at poly-choke today and they said the chokes for the s20 will be availble soon, but you know how that is. Usualy when the word soon is used by any manufacturer or company, your talking at least another 3-4 months. :rolleyes:

Got an email from the guys at poly-choke today and they said the chokes for the s20 will be availble soon, but you know how that is. Usualy when the word soon is used by any manufacturer or company, your talking at least another 3-4 months. :rolleyes:

It also matters who you talk to. I spoke to a guy at Poly-Choke about a month ago and he claimed that they were 30-45 days out. I e-mailed them a few days ago and received the "late this Summer" comment. While I hate to waste money, I may have to order the Mod choke from Oleg and then upgrade to the Poly when they finally come out.

Edited by LEO L
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
received my poly choke today. looks nice, installed easily (although I think they sent me the wrong wrench) but it does add 2" to the barrel (with vented sleeve). Hopefully I'll get a chance to pattern it next week, and I'll try and take a picture.

The polychoke for the 20 gauge is available at Saigastock. Also the russian chokes for the 20 gauge are available there.

received my poly choke today. looks nice, installed easily (although I think they sent me the wrong wrench) but it does add 2" to the barrel (with vented sleeve). Hopefully I'll get a chance to pattern it next week, and I'll try and take a picture.

same issue with my s20 polychoke. The wrench appears to be the one for the s12. Still installed and looks great. Can't wait for the weekend.

• 1 month later...
Looking at the poly-choke at Saigastock, how does it attach? Or am I just blind? Pictures would be awesome :)

It screws onto the factory threads (assuming you have a newish s-20, imported '04 or later I believe). If you have an older S-20 you would have to thread your barrel or have it welded on.

I'll post pics asap...