Ghost ring rear sight for S-12

I'm gonna use an AK style custom front sight for my Saiga-12...here nothing interesting...looks like all other sights you know.

But i'm not sure what to do about the rear sight. I was thinking about putting a ghost ring sight, because of the faster target aquisition than the ordinary U-notch sight. And cause i'm kinda short on money I'm going to try to make one myself, we'll see what will happen :)

I read somewhere that these rear sights must be close to the eye. So if I place the rear sight on the place where was the original one of the gun - will that be a problem ? Because then the ring will not be so close to the eye like if i put it in the end of the receiver's cover... On the other hand I saw that Krebs sells a set of sights where, as far as i saw, the rear one is to be mount right there and in the same manner as the original sight is mount with a trapezoidal notch. Let me see what you think about it.

I saw that some of you guys, have made already sights like this and any help will be great. I saw that Cobra76two have made one ghost ring rear sight, but in his later pics i saw that he uses rear sight from AK...why ? Have you got disappointed from the ring type sight ?

Any openions and information will be highly appreciated! Thanks

The Krebs sights are designed to work together and the rear fits in the factory dovetail groove. There are also some HK style rear sights you can get and mount on the dustcover. I don't trust dustcover mounted sights nomally, although I do have a rear notch sight mounted to the front of my 410 dustcover, the front doesn't move around as much as the rear.

I made a ghost ring to fit my AKS-12 so that I could see over the wooden upper HG but the clamp on rusmilitary front sight was not tall enough and I was hitting too high above my POA. Later I put the rusmil sight on my other S-12 and made a good rear sight from a Glock pistol sight to work with it.

I switched to a regular AK rear sight to match the theme of the gun and to give me a much better range of adjustment. Also had a Bulgarian AK-74 front sight custom fitted to the front to match.

Thanks for your answer Cobra...you seem to be right for the sight mounting on the dust cover...but anyway what you guys think about placing the ring on the place of the original rear sight ? Isn't it too far from the eye ? Or no problem ?

Can somebody tell how big the hole must be ? I think about .200"....