After reading this post and looking at all the pistols and comparing size, price, reliability. looks etc.

My favorite so far for cheap, reliable 10rounds + concealed carry would be the Taurus PT-111.

EDIT TO ADD:

And the PT145 too.

Edited by Gas Giant
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I carry a S&W 640 .357, I actually don't even own a semi auto pistol. :unsure: I need to get with the program, I've been thinking of a G30SF or a pt145. I think I'll go with the Glock because I worry about the barrel length of the Taurus. What say ye, Taurus owners?

• 2 weeks later...

I carry two bersa .380's. One on my belt, the other on my ankle. They are exact duplicates, except I put wood grips on one this weekend. Sometimes I carry my Sig Sauer p229, in 40 cal., but its larger and less comfortable to wear without my tactical drop leg holster that I use for competitions. The sig is a great gun. 100% reliability since its purchse. The bersa are also a very good small gun for the price.

• 5 months later...

I carry my real Walther ppk/s in 380 (not the american made junk sw copy) or a Polish P64, depending on how I feel that day. I used to carry a SW4053 but it was just to big for everyday carry. I still carry it on occassion but not very often. I don't know many people who carry the larger pistols on a DAILY basis, though some will tell you they do. The larger frames are just too difficult to conceal and keep concealed, at least for me. Winter time does bring on more options but here in the desert it is obvious if you are wearing a vest when it is 110 outside that something is wrong. I have never found the inside the pants holsters to be all that comfortable when wearing light shorts and tshirt. Your choice should be one that you can comfortably handle and shoot well with after that it is just personal preference. Remember if you are going to carry concealed keep it concealed unless it is needed.

Well the topic title explains it all, I've got 30-60 days to figure out what my next purchase is. I'm a 1911 guy, so I like slim grips and heavy guns. Nothing against glocks, I just don't care for them. Any suggestions? I like the fit of a compact Baby Eagle, but I'm open to suggestions. Something SA/DA, around 12 rd mags in .40, safety is optional. Opinions?

I like a Baby Eagle/Jericho if the safety is a 1911 style(slide mounted decockers/safeties are the gayest) but if you need a light then a CZ SP01 might be in order.

e76-1.jpg

However,after years and years of enjoying the feel and shooting experience of every pistol I own more than my Glocks I have finally concede that the ugly,blocky,toylike Glock 17 cannot be beaten and I no longer bother with anything else for serious work(except a 44 mag revolver for backpacking up north).

glock.gif

Well the topic title explains it all, I've got 30-60 days to figure out what my next purchase is. I'm a 1911 guy, so I like slim grips and heavy guns. Nothing against glocks, I just don't care for them. Any suggestions? I like the fit of a compact Baby Eagle, but I'm open to suggestions. Something SA/DA, around 12 rd mags in .40, safety is optional. Opinions?

I like a Baby Eagle/Jericho if the safety is a 1911 style(slide mounted decockers/safeties are the gayest) but if you need a light then a CZ SP01 might be in order.

e76-1.jpg

However,after years and years of enjoying the feel and shooting experience of every pistol I own more than my Glocks I have finally concede that the ugly,blocky,toylike Glock 17 cannot be beaten and I no longer bother with anything else for serious work(except a 44 mag revolver for backpacking up north).

glock.gif

I realy like the CZ. I had one for sale in 9mm and it was sold in a week. I should have bought one for my self.

These are my daily carry pieces. The 1911 on my right hip and the ruger in my right pocket.

post-13593-1228269491_thumb.jpg

The TRP weights about 3lbs loaded. As for the ruger, well I have no idea. All I can say is when I put that lil fucker in my pocket, I forget it's there.

Probably too distracted by the heft of the TRP.

STI LS9, a 9mm 1911:

LSweb_800w.jpg

Deep concealment in casual Florida attire was my goal, but I wanted something relatively heavy for better accuracy, and capable of having a decent trigger. Kimber and Springfield's EMP gets all the press, but this thing is cheaper and smaller in every dimension except length. (It's about a half inch longer than the EMP, but your barrel is a half inch longer as well.) Slide doesn't lock back after last shot, kinda annoying but tolerable. It fits my hand like a glove, though people with large hands will probably not be able to get a good hold with their pinky. Accuracy... I'm still working on (firearm noob here), but it's certainly better than a Kahr.

Bouncing back and forth between my Glock 33 (.357 sig+p JHP) and my Kimber Custom II. .45+p JHP.

The Glock hides perfect in shorts and a tee-shirt but the Kimber...well anyfull size 1911 when pulled just demands respect!

Bouncing back and forth between my Glock 33 (.357 sig+p JHP) and my Kimber Custom II. .45+p JHP.

The Glock hides perfect in shorts and a tee-shirt but the Kimber...well anyfull size 1911 when pulled just demands respect!

You're right about the 1911. Whenever I carry my TRP, I know if the shit were to hit the fan she's ready to clean up the mess,

or make an even bigger mess. :devil: And if she were to crook when I need her most, which I really doubt, I can always

take down a fucker by throwin' it at him. :eek: Just kiddin'. That's why I got the LCP for a backup.

Long live the 1911 and the Saiga 12! :super:

Glock 26 9mm as my CCW gun, with either the 10 or 12 round mag (as clothing dictates), and Glock 37 in 45GAP as my daily duty weapon with 3 mags full of 45 caliber goodness :devil: . Both Guns stoked with Speer Gold Dot ammo. For special occasions, I sometimes pack my AMD65 Pistol in the car, complete with a 75 round drum of fire and brimstone.

Ever since the Idaho mall shooting, I ALWAYS carry a spare mag.

Kimber is a great gun for the range as the tolerances are so tight that it is accurate. Kimber's however spend most of there life at a custom shop if you carry them and run alot of rounds through them as I do. You'd be better off getting a cheap 1911 like a RIA or Taurus and as funds allow it get a Fusion slide, and barrel and start building a custom gun. Don't get me wrong the Kimber's are nice but with tolerance that tight I want something that I know for a fact will go bang when I pull it.

Good luck devil,

Merritt

SGT USMC vet.

I'm glad I'm not the only "diehard" carrying around a fullsized 1911. Here's what I carry everywhere I legally can, and HAVE every day but ONCE since I've been able to:

1911-1.jpg

Springfield Lightweight "Loaded" fullsize, .45 of course.

I put a couple of "test shots" into a deer and now I'm a firm believer in Hydra-shock ammunition for self defense. They were pretty much 100% effective and transferred ALL energy. They went through the ribs on the entrance side, turned the lungs into jelly, went through the ribs on the opposite side and stopped just below the skin on the opposite side. No over-penetration, no early stoppage. I'm 100% SOLD on them, and push them on anyone who will listen. :ded:

hydrashock.jpg

Edited by XdamagedX
...I put a couple of "test shots" into a deer and now I'm a firm believer in Hydra-shock ammunition for self defense. They were pretty much 100% effective and transferred ALL energy. They went through the ribs on the entrance side, turned the lungs into jelly, went through the ribs on the opposite side and stopped just below the skin on the opposite side. No over-penetration, no early stoppage. I'm 100% SOLD on them, and push them on anyone who will listen. :ded: ...

100% firm Hydra-Shock believer here, too. I don't leave home without 'em. :smoke:

You can see them laying next to my P90 in my post up above!

Edited by TR Young
I'm glad I'm not the only "diehard" carrying around a fullsized 1911. Here's what I carry everywhere I legally can, and HAVE every day but ONCE since I've been able to:

1911-1.jpg

Springfield Lightweight "Loaded" fullsize, .45 of course.

I put a couple of "test shots" into a deer and now I'm a firm believer in Hydra-shock ammunition for self defense. They were pretty much 100% effective and transferred ALL energy. They went through the ribs on the entrance side, turned the lungs into jelly, went through the ribs on the opposite side and stopped just below the skin on the opposite side. No over-penetration, no early stoppage. I'm 100% SOLD on them, and push them on anyone who will listen. :ded:

hydrashock.jpg

I was thinking about switchin' to HS for a while now. I'm usin' Hornady Tap 230gr +P, but I've been hearing

real good things about the hydra shocks. Which ones do you use? Are they the "Tactical" version? Thanks.

H&K P2000 LEM. But I rarely carry. The best places to carry around here is also the best places to go out for drinks..

What type of holster do most of you pefer? I like open topped OWB paddle.

Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 with a Milt Sparks 1 1/2" belt. Can't be beat summer or winter.