• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

either xd45. on shoulder holster or glock 19 on hip or s&w 38. airweight on ankle all depends on my mood i do like the xd best though 14rounds or 45. and i can put em all where i want them o yes and for the times when you have no space for a fullsize north american arms 22. mag revolver

For me...

Shorts and tee shirt gun - P3At loaded with corbon DPX's

Small carry gun - Taurus PT145 loaded with Hornady XTP's

Midsize carry gun - Sig 229 (357 sig) with Gold Dot 125's

Full size gun - Witness 10mm with whatever the hell I can find for it.

When I'm hiking in the sticks gun (fall through spring) GP100 357 mag for social work and a pocket full of 38 wadcutters for small "meals" without obliterating the meat.

Dependent on weather and mood. Hot summer days I carry a CZ-83 in 9x18 Mak with Hornady XTP JHP loads. Other times I am usually wearing a Springfield XD-9 Service as it has yet to fail me in function or accuracy. I also have a HK P2000 in 9mm with the LEM trigger system, a customized (Novak tritium sights, extended beavertail safety, commander hammer, full length guide rod, dropped and flared ejection port, magwell and ambi safeties) Springfield GI Champion 1911, a CZ-75B compact and a pair of .38 Special snubbies from Taurus. My carry gun is depending on mood/threat level and I rated master with any and all of them.

Carry gun should be whatever fits your clothes and your hand. I carry a 1975 hi power with 15 rd mags, and decked out with C&S parts and new sights, do i need all of it? nah, but its nice to have, its not a comfortable carry, but a comfortING one =D

I'm not sure if I posted this here or not, but 2 weeks ago I swapped out my ol S&W .40 for a Taurus PT-92AF.

pt92af.jpg

mine has the double tactical rails, and 4x17 round mags

Yeah the Taurus PT92 and PT99 are good guns. I have and older PT99 which only has the frame mounted safety, no decocker ability and love it. For under $400 they are great service pistols and quite accurate. Most people do not know that this was the original Beretta 92 design and that Tauruses were made on original Beretta factory tooling. Why Beretta added a slide mounted decocker I will never know (actually, I do know but that does nto sound so good hehe).

Sig 228 with 9mm Remington GS 124 +P. and BUG is KelTec P32 with Winchester Silvertips. When I HAD my G30 Glock I was running Triton 450SMC (that was a load) and then some Taurus 45 ammo that was pretty neat and supposedly good. I still have the Barsto 400 Cor-bon barrell and a box of 400 Corbon for it. That was supposed to be Super 40 type of load.

Hello, buckandaquarterquarterstaff

Ditto your first two choices. The P3At when you need SOMETHING and the PT 145 (Millenium Pro) for a small handful of reliable firepower! I've never had a single hiccup from my Taurus.

Respectfully posted,

guido2 in Houston

For me...

Shorts and tee shirt gun - P3At loaded with corbon DPX's

Small carry gun - Taurus PT145 loaded with Hornady XTP's

Midsize carry gun - Sig 229 (357 sig) with Gold Dot 125's

Full size gun - Witness 10mm with whatever the hell I can find for it.

When I'm hiking in the sticks gun (fall through spring) GP100 357 mag for social work and a pocket full of 38 wadcutters for small "meals" without obliterating the meat.

My taurus needed a fluff and buff on all the parts to get 99.9% reliable (especially the bbl keyhole), but now it's a fine compact too. 11 rounds of 45 in a package that goes IWB for 3 seasons is really nice to have. I'm even thinking of getting one of the new DA/SA models. Only dislike is that it doesn't handle long wadcutters for practice. It's between that or another CZ82, or a 229 9mm, or a k31, or a s223. Decisions, decisons...

I really don't care for the P3at, but my J frame just isn't as compact as the p3at. However, the J frame is a wonderful point and shoot gun, very instinctive. I'm all over the place in fast drills with the P3at, but as you say, better than nothing. Were it not for the lack of a full length ejector, I'd find a way to carry the J frame in the summer. I love small and midsized revolvers, and can outshoot any of my pistols with them. What I cut teeth on...

I carry a Glock 23 on the job but for off duty CC I used to carry an XD-45 Tactical. Yes, that's right the big 5 inch :lolol: There's something about carrying a .45 that just seems right. I did find the XD a little too big and uncomfortable for CC though so I changed out to a Taurus 24/7 Pro. Still a big .45 but much more comfortable for CC. Fits me well.

I carry a HK USP .40 compact most of the time, sometimes a .38 S&W.

I highly recommend the HK because it's 12+1 in a relatively concealable package. Also, I've put just over 6300 rounds through it without a single stoppage.

If you like 1911's Kimber is a great gun at a reasonable price, for what you get. It'll likely set you back north of a grand, though. And if you like the CZ, a Browning High Power is a possible option as well.

Edited by Threecard
Well the topic title explains it all, I've got 30-60 days to figure out what my next purchase is. I'm a 1911 guy, so I like slim grips and heavy guns. Nothing against glocks, I just don't care for them. Any suggestions? I like the fit of a compact Baby Eagle, but I'm open to suggestions. Something SA/DA, around 12 rd mags in .40, safety is optional. Opinions?

I am a 1911 guy too. I have had many ot them and still cary two custom match grade 1911's one is a norinco 5" and I spent much time making it better than a match grade gun, the other is a springfield v10 ultra comp 3-1/2" gun. I have and have had many hand guns but for hary I just keep going back to the hard hitting ,reliable,comfortable 1911a1. ruger wheel guns 45 double stacks and so on just don't seem right for me.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My carry is a CZ 75 "Semi-Compact" with night sights. I looked for one of these forever and finally found one. They were a very limited production with a full size 75 frame holding 16rnd mags but has the slide of a compact model. Accurate and loaded with firepower. Plus as a bonus all of my mags for my "Open" SPO1 will fit. Potentially I have 144 rounds of 9mm at my disposal.

• 2 months later...