Securing a polychoke?

I went to the range the other day to wring out my Saiga some and try out the polychoke. After a couple boxes of ammo I noticed that the polychoke had started to work itself loose from the firing. Before shooting I had it torqued down very tight as recommended in the instructions but this obviously wasn't sufficient. Will using some red loctite on the threads be enough to cure the loosening or do I need to break out the solder? Thanks in advance for any replies.

I used two drops of blue loctite and it has not moved since. One drop was at the 12 o'clock position and the other was at 6 o'clock.

Ditto that!

RED Loctite (Class 'a' Milspec) is for permanent installations only. Blue or Green will work just fine in almost all firearm applications.

Don't be worried about the "red" locktite....or blue ...or green... Simply "flashing" the end with a butane torch and then breaking the Locktite bond will take care of ALL removal problems. Use leather, lead sheet or whatever so you don't MAR whatever your removing.... Old USPSA shooter, done this many times.

I used one dab of Purple locktite (the weakest) to hold my sharkbreak. It holdes fine but I can break it loose with my hands if I want to screw on a Saiga choke. It seems to hold well for me. Green locktite is for "permanate" installations and will be very difficult to remove. If that is your goal then green is best. blue is the second strongest and red is stronger than blue. :smoke: