http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp7_u7P_L_4

This is a conjecture of what WWIII would look like, put together pretty dang well for a 14yr old.

Why post it on the Saiga forum? Well, because I've never met as many Russians on the internet, and there's a choral piece that sounds Russian that I'm trying to trace. Even if no one can trace it, knowing the Russian and possibly translation would help. Might be from a video game, which is another reason to post here - lots of gaming afficionados here.

But whatevert the case, I've seen a few such videos and this is by far one of the better ones, even with its shortcomings.

hey battle that track comes from a pretty sweet game called "Freedom Fighters" for Xbox, Playstation 2, Game Cube, and the PC. the sound track is by The Hungarian Radio Choir and Composed by someone named Jesper Kyd.

http://www.soundtrack.net/albums/database/?id=3509

http://www.jesperkyd.com/

Time to go watch Red Dawn

Figure they concentrated on Oklahoma because they were really after Tromix Secrets? ^_^

While living in West Germany back in the 80's, I bought a video called "Das Ende der Aller Tage" -- and, yes, it is in German. It's animated and in extremely highly accurate detail showing weapon systems and how they would be deployed in the event of WW3. It was accurate enough that Army Intelligence showed up at the apartment and wanted it because "some of what was shown was classified". They backed off when I said I would gladly give it to them and then head over to the department ('Kaufhof') store located at Frankfurt Int'l Airport and get another copy.

It followed closely what was detailed in a British book entitled "World War III".

The only problem with that video: The us navy, coast guard, and airforce are too good for anyone to ever successfully make it to the shore. If they did, we would mop up whats left of them real quick. :D: If any nulear weapon is used aganst the united states our nukes better fly.

The very first song is Hell March by Frank Klepaki. It was the theme song of the PC game Red Alert. Here is Frank's website. Not sure about anything else.

Edit: Did you notice that the credits list all of the music?

Edited by Caspian Sea Monster

Makc, we deal with propoganda like this as a normal form of entertainment here in the states.

...besides, the war of religeous extremism that we are fighting now, IS world war three, if you think about it.

I certainly wasn't looking to offend anyone, as I said my main focus was on the production.

I do agree that the casualty #s are a bit nutty, and I don't think an allied communist invasion of America is what the future would look like, at least not from Russia. It would take a heck of a lot to weaken the US for that sort of thing, decades of wearing down in scattered wars.

I certainly wasn't looking to offend anyone, as I said my main focus was on the production.

I do agree that the casualty #s are a bit nutty, and I don't think an allied communist invasion of America is what the future would look like, at least not from Russia. It would take a heck of a lot to weaken the US for that sort of thing, decades of wearing down in scattered wars.

It would take an effort the size of the Normandy invasion to get the troops, armor, artillery and aircraft over here for such an invasion -- kinda hard to conceal something like that. Only the Canadians or Mexico could possibly invade that way and hardly likely in either case in terms of conventional warfare.

(quote)

Makc,

I think such threats either from Russia to the US or the other way) ended back then, too. Both Russia and the US have far too many smaller but very active threats on their borders and sometimes penetrating far inside their respective borders.

Please keep in mind (and, yes, is does fall within the definition of "propaganda") that we still make movies about one or another war and emphasize one side or the other, sometimes even glorifying people who in life would have been unsavory (such as pirates, etc). People need to remember that these are fantasy and not take them too seriously, although there are times when such movies or presentations make it hard for some (me?) to term the movie or presentation as 'acceptable'.

is tom clancy's "red storm rising" propaganda then?... now i'm curious

sometimes a novel is just a novel... unless there was malicious intent

(end of quote)

Depends on the intent of the author or publisher, doncha think? A banana is a banana, a palm is a palm, an oak is a tree and "Red Storm Rising" is a novel.

So, here's a toast to banana plants, palm trees (which are technically not trees at all), oak trees and Tom Clancy novels!

It would take an effort the size of the Normandy invasion to get the troops, armor, artillery and aircraft over here for such an invasion -- kinda hard to conceal something like that. Only the Canadians or Mexico could possibly invade that way and hardly likely in either case in terms of conventional warfare.

mexico is already invading

• 3 weeks later...

Opening Song from the original Command and Conquer I believe (Hell March sounds right), Then Mad World by Gary Jules, then the operatic song I don't know.

I saw bits of C&C: Red Alert2 and BF:1942 in there with real footage. Didn't recognize much as I don't play many FPS games.

I'm a total retard. I rewatched the video and at the end the music is credited. I also missed an earlier post by Combat Medic answering my question and I subsequently said I was still looking for the source.

If anyone has any lead on a translation or at least the original lyrics, that would be awesome.

Time for a history snippet... Remember there used to be both Morocco and a Spanish Morocco? The king of Morocco wanted to uify the two Moroccos after centuries of Spanish rule over their part and threatened invasion. The Spanish military lined up armored vehicles and infantry on their side of the border but the Moroccan army never showed. Instead, tens upon tens of thousands of men, women and children of all ages massed at the border on the Moroccan side. These swarms of civilians simply walked across the dividing line. The Spanish military would not fire upon the crowds of unarmed people and slowly backed up until the invasion of their territory was complete. They recognized that it would be unacceptable throughout the workd to open fire and, in essence, massacre an enormous number of non-combatants.

In some respects, that seems similar to what's happening on our southern border today.

Time for a history snippet... Remember there used to be both Morocco and a Spanish Morocco? The king of Morocco wanted to uify the two Moroccos after centuries of Spanish rule over their part and threatened invasion. The Spanish military lined up armored vehicles and infantry on their side of the border but the Moroccan army never showed. Instead, tens upon tens of thousands of men, women and children of all ages massed at the border on the Moroccan side. These swarms of civilians simply walked across the dividing line. The Spanish military would not fire upon the crowds of unarmed people and slowly backed up until the invasion of their territory was complete. They recognized that it would be unacceptable throughout the workd to open fire and, in essence, massacre an enormous number of non-combatants.

In some respects, that seems similar to what's happening on our southern border today.

If you dont learn from history it will be repeated.....Most likely would not have had to shoot them all before they got the mesage.

Okay. I hate the invasion as much as the next guy, but lets not turn this into a Mexican hate thread.

By the way, this sucks. That would not happen. WWIII happens, it'll be nuclear. And as far as going back to Communism, China is moving into a fascist setup very reminiscent of late 19th early 20th century Germany, and Russia is moving to a fascist system very reminiscent of Germany circa 1930s.

While both setups are very scary, and bad for the future of the world, both also involve the variant of capitalism in which only corporations have rights, and the state uses force to prop up corporations for the benefit of making a war machine.

We are moving as far away from Communism as you could possibly imagine.

As for the whole Islam vs. The West as the WWIII, it's overblown. WWIII will be a war between the sphere of influence of China, and the Sphere created by India. Islam will peter out sometime around the point we quit using fossil fuels.