I got a few runs in my DuraCoat. Need advise sand or?

I "painted" my buttstock yesterday with DuraCoat Matte Black and managed to get a few runs that are very noticeable.

Has anyone tried sanding out runs and painting over just the sanded area? I am open to suggestions.

louielouie

I "painted" my buttstock yesterday with DuraCoat Matte Black and managed to get a few runs that are very noticeable.

Has anyone tried sanding out runs and painting over just the sanded area? I am open to suggestions.

louielouie

When I used the Brownell's gun coat the first time I ended up with a few runs. I sanded the runs down with 800 grit and then 2000 grit paper. I used a pencil eraser and wrapped the paper over the end so I only hit the area I wanted to. It should smooth out without going all the way through the colored finish. Then just touch it up with an airbrush sprayer.

Sand it out like stated above and re-shoot,just feather it out from the run slightly. If you have runs, try reducing your material or pull back away from your work peice. Something else that might help you, since your shooting plastic parts I take it, would be to warm it up with something like a hair dryer just prior to shooting your paint to help it flash. DuraCoat is a little different since it uses a hardener, but a little heat never hurts.