Alexander Arms .50 Beowulf

I remember seeing a post here a while back to the .50 Beowulf AR, and well I found some more info on them and I'll be darn if I dont want to go out and buy one.

for one thing, my local range wont allow .50 cal (which I think is kinda funny because not all .50 are the same comparted to some "Dangerous game cartridges" such as the .416 Rigby or .458 Winchester Magnum etc) I have heard two things that the .50 Beowulf is a true 50 cal, and I've heard that its actually .499 (which I might be able to use then at the range hahaha)

another down side is the ammo is a little expensive about $20 a box. But I've seen some reloading stuff ...... dunno if thats worth a shot either.

The orginal one has the kick of about a 20ga slug. They make muzzle brakes for them now as well (OMG that has to be monster loud).

THUS REALLY SHOULD I GET ONE?????? I mean there are a billion other guns I would love to buy, I could get a big collection or mawhahahaha the .50 Beowulf......

post-21-1096081639.jpg

Edited by Verson

The rim diameter is the limiting factor. The .50 Beowulf has a rebated rim the same size as the 7.62x39mm. The .500 S&W rim is larger in diameter than the bolt of a AR-15 rifle so you might be able to use a AR-10 rifle if the bolt is big enough in diameter.