Range report: New S12 and AGP's

Took my new toy out for a test run today. 19" model, used K-Var internals (required the ususal mods....same as I had to do when I could find the FSE group) Fired about 150 rds Rem 00 buck. Rusky 5 rd mags worked great. Ran a bunch of those first to break in.....have a blackjack buffer in it and Tromix shark break. Ran like a top with the 5 rd mags....no mis-haps whatsoever. Tried the AGP mags fresh out the box. Could not get through a single mag without feed problems. I have NOT lubed or tweaked them at all.....wanted to see if they work out-the-box......guess not. I'll have to dis-assemble and do the dremel tweak I have heard about here to adjust the feed angle. Just wanted to give yet another fact based report on the AGP's.

Good stuff, thx for the report. Great that you took one for the team (or your shoulder did anyways :) )

Now, I'm going to put on my statisticians hat and point out another explanation. It's possible that the order of shooting has made a difference. Explanations could be that the gun dirtied a bit, or that after all of the abuse, you started to "limp shoulder" the shotty abit. I doubt that this is the case, but the way to be sure would be for you to have finished by going back to the 5 rounders after the 10 rounders failed. Statistically speaking, you don't even have to know what causes the differences, only that shooting order is a variable .... I actually can think of a couple of more possible explanations but none of them are obvious winners and actually they are unlikely.

In an effort to diagnose and also to learn more from your experiences ... .does your follower move freely in your AGP's? I have a mag with a follower that sticks towards the top. Also, do the shells that you are using move freely up and down, do they pop up quickly if you thumb out the shells.

Again, thx for sharing the info!!!

Took my new toy out for a test run today. 19" model, used K-Var internals (required the ususal mods....same as I had to do when I could find the FSE group) Fired about 150 rds Rem 00 buck. Rusky 5 rd mags worked great. Ran a bunch of those first to break in.....have a blackjack buffer in it and Tromix shark break. Ran like a top with the 5 rd mags....no mis-haps whatsoever. Tried the AGP mags fresh out the box. Could not get through a single mag without feed problems. I have NOT lubed or tweaked them at all.....wanted to see if they work out-the-box......guess not. I'll have to dis-assemble and do the dremel tweak I have heard about here to adjust the feed angle. Just wanted to give yet another fact based report on the AGP's.

Try it without the buffer.