A thing of beauty is a joy forever...

Looks like an old M249 Stock. I like it, but why not use the normal stock associated with Tromix conversions. Just wondering if there was more then customer preference at work here.

"Looks like an old M249 Stock"...I guess you mean mine?

That was one of the first conversions done by Tromix, before the Lage stock was developed.

But, my preference is for the Ace folder on a shorty. I do like the look of the Tromix stock on a full length gun, though.

M249.JPG

Edited by BobAsh
It's a SPAS-15 stock that Tony rigged onto an ACE folder. The SPAS stock has a hinge but it's kinda flimsy-looking.

Not sure what it cost....Jeaux?

It's a SPAS-15 stock that Tony modified to fit an ACE hinge for.............the original SPAS-15 hinge was functional, but really looked like crap. With the hinge mod Tony did, it'll bolt right onto the back plate of the TROMIX Saiga !!

I'm sure the only place this is available is through TROMIX..........It's a little thinner than the TROMIX Lage folder, too.......Looks good, huh????

It ran $195........not cheap, but it's what I wanted for my shorty............. Easy on the old arm, too......

Jeaux

Yes, the intergrated butt pad looks sharp and it also looks like just enough padding to be perfectly comfortable. I wish someone like Kvar would make a stock like that for AKs.

So thats your shortie, Jeaux E? Damn fine looking gun, I would like to see a pic with the stock open if you have one handy. Also my friend, dont you already own a couple of pieces of artwork from Tromix? Man you are killing us pooor folk! :up:

So thats your shortie, Jeaux E? Damn fine looking gun, I would like to see a pic with the stock open if you have one handy. Also my friend, dont you already own a couple of pieces of artwork from Tromix? Man you are killing us pooor folk! :up:

Yep, that's my 10" shorty........Tony says its a one-of-a-kind, so far........... ( ! ) B)

Here's a pic with the stock open..........

post-3950-1183311231_thumb.jpg

...........and here's a pic of both my TROMIX S-12's.........Hey, man.....my kids are grown and gone, my wife's cooperative about it, and you just can't get a better weapon than a TROMIX....... I'm not by any means a rich dude, but you just gotta assign priorities !!!!! Heh, heh, heh............

post-3950-1183311356_thumb.jpg

Making a run to Tony's shop in a week or so to visit, hang out, watch Tony work (fucking amazing), and have a beverage or two with him and Bob........ Life is good.

Hell, I might find something else I need around the TROMIX shop.......you can never tell. :smoke:

Edited by Jeaux E
Joe, how long are you hanging out? I was thinking you and I ought to hang out at the house and drink some bourbon.

Bob,......Long enough for us to hang out at your house and drink some bourbon, for damned sure !!!! Couple of days is what I'm thinkin'....just playing it by ear for now, 'cause I never know what kind of twist the job is going to take............. (They can't get me if they can't find me, and 2-3 days of vacation is something I have coming at this point......)

That sounds good to me !! I'll be in touch toward the end of the week !! Val's in Wisconsin 'til next Sunday............., so I'm housebound.....taking care of these flesh-eating terriers............

Jeaux,

Yeah I though I saw you with those shotties before.... quite a collection there! IMPRESSIVE I keep hearing some rumblings that the stock on your new addition does not look good at the folding mechnisim. I beg to differ, I think it looks great.......... maybe one day we can hook up and I can hold them or better yet I can help you break them in :D

Everybody is proud of their kids and you got a great looking family there! Enjoy that burbon! B)

I love that third photo Tony posted of the fellow at the range. If you look closly there are four green hulls in the air. Thats some FAST shooting! :super:

That is Tony.......... He's got some other stuff that'll shoot a lot faster than that 8" shorty in the pic !!!! (He's a fast guy.........)

.........and, the SPAS-15 stock is mounted to a standard ACE hinge.........same one as on the TROMIX-Lage stock.........Looks the same as those............

Tony really made it look nice..................

Here's where Tony posted it on his In-Forum site:

Available in black only. LOP is 14", the same as a NATO legth fixed AK stock. The stock does not have the cut-out for the rail, but the ACE folding mechanism holds it way from the L/H side of the receiver a bit. It will clear the scope mount, fully folded. You won't be able to just install it into the back of the receiver like a standard stock. You will either need a Tromix back plate welded on, or use an ACE adapter block in the receiver.

The stock with the remachined and refinished ACE folding mechanism attached, will run $195. Quantities are limited since these are old surplus SPAS-15 stocks.

If you want to order one, call me at 918 251-5640

Tony

(but not until after September 1........!!)

Edited by Jeaux E

Joe I hope you won't mind if I follow in your footsteps and decide to order a 10" from Tony as well. The pics of yours have been working on my brain. I originally wanted the 8", but I think you've converted me. After all, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. :unsure:

Edited by badman400
Joe I hope you won't mind if I follow in your footsteps and decide to order a 10" from Tony as well. The pics of yours have been working on my brain. I originally wanted the 8", but I think you've converted me. After all, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. :unsure:

Oh yeah, get you some of that !!!! I wanted the 10" from the get-go.......a little different from the rest !!

I know what you mean about pics working on your brain.......I was hooked from the first instant I saw what turned out to be Tony's personal 12" on his website....... I just got mine a couple of inches shorter !!!!

Tony can, and will, make it however you want it .......... Just doesn't get any better than TROMIX !!!

post-3950-1183333129_thumb.jpg

I love that third photo Tony posted of the fellow at the range. If you look closly there are four green hulls in the air. Thats some FAST shooting! :super:

That's the man himself, shooting the full-auto version. Tony would never fire semi from the hip.

Joe, it's on like King Kong. Same invitation goes out to any and all of my forum bros.