I currently own an HK USP Compact .45 Stainless. I do like it alright, but everyone has been talking about the XD's, and they have a bi-tone .45 XD service model at the LGS for $475 otd new. The 13 rounds is very enticing, and the thought of a 3 round extension to that, is even more impressive. I have never shot an XD but do have some experience with Glocks. Has anyone ever shot both the USP Compact and the XD, I could make about $250 if I sold the HK and went to the XD. Opinions???

Ever consider the USP fullsize? Don't get me wrong, I like the XD, they seem like very reliable shooters, fit my hand better than Glocks, they sell well and are marketed better than any other gun with their packages...but I LOVE my HKs and wouldn't carry anything else, except maybe a Sig 220 (still think they need a high cap 45 :rolleyes: ).

gallery_128_24_18131.jpg

I have two of the XD-45 service models, and another XD-40 sub compact. Of all in my handgun collection, the XD-45 is my favorite! They are a pleasure to shoot and very accurate. Grip is more like a 1911, and trigger is pretty damn nice right out of the box. One of the XD-45's I use in IDPA, and it has over 5000 rounds through without a problem. The other XD-45 (1600+ rounds), does night stand duty with an X2L light/laser hanging underneath and loaded with Corbon DPX. :devil:

I have shot the HK USP and the HK tactical in .45 as well. I also used to own the HK P2000 in .40. My XD-40 SC (3300 + rounds), shoots better. The HK's are very well made and nice guns, but in my experience, the XD's come out on top as the best "bank for the buck". YMMV.

Thanks for your opinions guys, KySoldier, I am thinking about going to the full size. I carry my Keltec Pf9 pretty much exclusively now, so I'm feeling a bigger gun or more capacity may be in order. As things turn out, a friend just bought an XD .45 Service Model and said I could borrow it next week, so that will help with my decision. Thanks again.

• 1 month later...
The HK's are very well made and nice guns, but in my experience, the XD's come out on top as the best "bank for the buck". YMMV.

Ding! the XD is great for the money, but the HK is still the better overall gun.

I would keep the HK if it was my choice to make. My next handgun will be a HK or a Sig Sauer.

The HK's are very well made and nice guns, but in my experience, the XD's come out on top as the best "bank for the buck". YMMV.

Ding! the XD is great for the money, but the HK is still the better overall gun.

I would keep the HK if it was my choice to make. My next handgun will be a HK or a Sig Sauer.

I have decided to keep it, going to take Kysoldiers advice and get a full size or "tactical" too. Thanks for your input. I did like the XD and had no problems with it, capacity was nice, but I do like the HK a bit more.

• 3 weeks later...