MUST READ DRUM UPDATE POST!!!

"Let's please do them both a favor and keep all the posts in this thread strictly MD Arms related."

One small comment if I may. We would actually be doing ourselves a favor to keep quiet and let the elves work. We will be the ultimate recipients of a fine addition and the less carping and comparing, until it's time, the better for ALL of us. Just a thought.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am definitely in for one. I will eventually get a Wraithmaker one in the future as well. There is no way these things will depriciate. Hell, if these get banned by the next President/Congress, they'll only go up in value. Who remembers $75 Glock mags?

I hope that that doesn't happen but you are right if they do. A beta-c mag was $500, thompson 50rd drums was going for up to $800 for a new west hurley.

But reguardless, I would much rather have unbanned cheap stuff as an option to buy than, expensive , overpriced banned stuff that you can't find for sale even if you can afford it. Hopefully things will stay in our favor.

:super: Please send me your site as soon as it goes up, or at least put me down for one right now.

Great job!

Only in the U.S.A.

ctlegaleagles@aol.com

I'll let you know personally in advance of the site opening. If anyone else wants me to send them a notice, send me a PM requesting so and I'll send you one. If you are on the forum often and check the threads regularly, I will be posting it in an announcement post and you wont miss it. I have a very large list of people to notify by email and it would make it easier on me, if you think you will know without receiving an email. I will be posting the information on the board and then immediately start sending emails. I hope to post and send the notices at least 3 days in advance of the site opening.

Mike,

I sent you an email way back before the original thread was pulled, with words of support and requesting to purchase your product. Did you keep those of us on file for emails, or should I send you another email/PM? I figure if you already have my email, no need to duplicate it? it's just more work for you.

Keep up the good work, and I can't wait!

Mey Mike D.

I wasn't trying to get off topic in my earlier post by mentioning the competion. I just see both of you guys busting your butts to try and deliver a product that everyone wants and you both keep getting slammed for it. I only mentioned the wraith because it was the last to take a hit. I appreciate what you guys are doing and look foreward to hearing that sharp click as that 20 round drum seats into the magwell of my hungry Saiga 12. (does this read like a cheap sex book or what?)

I mentioned wanting the comparison because I believe that if there are any short comings on either side that they will be improved and will evolve into a better drum that everyone will be happy with.

Obviously by reading this thread there are a lot of us waiting to get one of your drums.

How much extra weight was added when you thickened the walls?

I haven't calculated it yet. The prototypes aren't actual weight so I can't go by them. Changing material types, adding a bigger spring, and adding more material have know doubt changed the weight first calculated. I need to re-do the math on it.

Mike,

I sent you an email way back before the original thread was pulled, with words of support and requesting to purchase your product. Did you keep those of us on file for emails, or should I send you another email/PM? I figure if you already have my email, no need to duplicate it? it's just more work for you.

I've keep all records and will do my very best to personally notify everyone that has requested me too. Thanks for the continued support! :super:

Mey Mike D.

I wasn't trying to get off topic in my earlier post by mentioning the competion. I just see both of you guys busting your butts to try and deliver a product that everyone wants and you both keep getting slammed for it. I only mentioned the wraith because it was the last to take a hit. I appreciate what you guys are doing and look foreward to hearing that sharp click as that 20 round drum seats into the magwell of my hungry Saiga 12. (does this read like a cheap sex book or what?)

I mentioned wanting the comparison because I believe that if there are any short comings on either side that they will be improved and will evolve into a better drum that everyone will be happy with.

Obviously by reading this thread there are a lot of us waiting to get one of your drums.

It's cool. I want one of theirs as well. Mostly because of a just cause thing. Of course I would have to look it over and couldn't help but to compare the 2. But 99% because of a Firearm /Saiga-12 fetish.

Hell, You want to know what the craziest thing is? If they would have release their design when they first took the pics of the first WM drum. I would have never developed mine. I would have been just as happy buying one from someone else. I offered my help designing it to a few different people. I didn't even want a %age from them or anything, just the first opportunity to buy a bunch of them from them. I couldn't get anyone to do it. I wanted a drum for my saiga bad enough that I felt I would have to do it myself to get it and did. If WM had announced earlier, I would have just been on their first run order list. But by the time they did announce, I was already at a point of no return. Isn't that crazy? I think about it a lot. I never would have made a drum if I would of had the option to buy one. Crazy how thing go!! Now we have two to choose from.

I have talked to the WM guys and everything is cool with us as well. I've offered my help to them in the Saiga firearms' tolerance differences. They offered me their contact for the feedlips ( I already had one but it was a truly admirable of them). I even told them that once I'm ready to release my 3 inch design, that I would come out and see if we could work the features into their drums so their drum could handle both 2 3/4 and 3inch ammo. I think we both feel that working together is better than working against.

I have talked to the WM guys and everything is cool with us as well. I've offered my help to them in the Saiga firearms' tolerance differences. They offered me their contact for the feedlips ( I already had one but it was a truly admirable of them). I even told them that once I'm ready to release my 3 inch design, that I would come out and see if we could work the features into their drums so their drum could handle both 2 3/4 and 3inch ammo. I think we both feel that working together is better than working against.

Well, if you look at the market segments that you and WM are targeting there is some definite overlap, but they are very different segments. Your drum is much simpler and I believe more in line with the AK school of thought whereas WM's drum is more high $ and refined. With the price difference and materials difference, it's obvious that the two products are not aimed at the same exact group of consumers. It's a really cool thing to happen at the same time, and the Saiga-12 enthousiasts all get to benefit from it. I think that people who would buy a WM are probably going to buy one of yours as well, and the people that are going to buy just yours probably wouldn't have bought a WM even if WM was the only one out there. In the long run, I seriously doubt either one of your sales are going to affect the others' sales negatively b/c you're not targeting the same core market. In the short term, maybe, but in the long term I think it will even out. For example, it's likely I'll buy one of your drums, but I doubt I'll buy a WM. BUT, if I do buy a WM, then it will only be because I bought one of yours and loved it so much I had to try theirs too. By having more drums on the market going after different segments, both companies will ultimately benefit.

To sum up: Both of you kick ass and I can't friggin' wait to try one (especially yours though)! And I think that a lot of us out here in Saiga land share the same sentiment of Hell Friggin' Yeah!

I'm down for one. Do you provide a of warranty with these, or - in a worst case scenario - are we just left with a giant paperweight if it doesn't function properly/reliably? I can understand very limited or no guarantees with companies that have well-established products with a well-known standard of quality, but for a new company with a new product, I'm guessing the interested "early adopters" would like some sort of assurance that they will receive a product that will perform in the expected manner. (Please note that I'm not assuming anything here, I haven't read every forum post pertaining to this product, and my question is solely due to my complete ignorance about your company/product.)

Edited by Monk
...I have talked to the WM guys and everything is cool with us as well. I've offered my help to them in the Saiga firearms' tolerance differences. They offered me their contact for the feedlips ( I already had one but it was a truly admirable of them). I even told them that once I'm ready to release my 3 inch design, that I would come out and see if we could work the features into their drums so their drum could handle both 2 3/4 and 3inch ammo. I think we both feel that working together is better than working against.

Good for you Mike. With attitudes like this, I think both of you will do well. And in turn all of us Saiga enthusiasts will benefit.

The two most important facets here are: the product and the people behind them. So far it seems that we have the best of both worlds with each drum and maker. Keep up the good work! I look forward to adding your product to my collection.

Edited by badman400

Mike, out of curiosity, and if it has been asked and answered before whoever knows can answer too, how much does this thing weigh empty?

How much does it weigh loaded with buckshot? Like I said, I am only curious as I am not going to get one.

I will certainly buy more ten round .410 magazines though if anyone has a few they want to part with...

That is about all the recoil this poor old broken back can handle these days unfortunately.

They are rockin' cool though and I am glad you finally got them rolling off the line! Good job!

I'm down for one. Do you provide a of warranty with these, or - in a worst case scenario - are we just left with a giant paperweight if it doesn't function properly/reliably? I can understand very limited or no guarantees with companies that have well-established products with a well-known standard of quality, but for a new company with a new product, I'm guessing the interested "early adopters" would like some sort of assurance that they will receive a product that will perform in the expected manner. (Please note that I'm not assuming anything here, I haven't read every forum post pertaining to this product, and my question is solely due to my complete ignorance about your company/product.)

I will stand behind this drum. I have studied it very carefully and made sure to design a quality item.

Mike, out of curiosity, and if it has been asked and answered before whoever knows can answer too, how much does this thing weigh empty?

How much does it weigh loaded with buckshot? Like I said, I am only curious as I am not going to get one.

I will certainly buy more ten round .410 magazines though if anyone has a few they want to part with...

That is about all the recoil this poor old broken back can handle these days unfortunately.

They are rockin' cool though and I am glad you finally got them rolling off the line! Good job!

I still haven't recalculated the weight exactly. I am estimating that it will be between 28 to 32 oz. empty. Loaded would probably add 2 lbs on average depending on ammo choice.

Mike,

I've keep all records and will do my very best to personally notify everyone that has requested me too. Thanks for the continued support! :super:

What about us that have only been checking in every so often to see what is happening with 10 round mags and then suddenly find out there has been a major upheaval and now there are two drums in the making and find that much more appealing. Can we still get on the list? :) Please? ah luv yew :wub:

Mike,

What about us that have only been checking in every so often to see what is happening with 10 round mags and then suddenly find out there has been a major upheaval and now there are two drums in the making and find that much more appealing. Can we still get on the list? :) Please? ah luv yew :wub:

I'll send you an email too. Don't be a stranger.

List??? Get me on there too!!! WOHOO!!! Please? :wub:
s

Anybody that ask in one of my information threads will receive a PM through the forum. Thanks for the support, You will get one.

Anybody that ask in one of my information threads will receive a PM throught the forum. Thanks for the support, You will get one.

Well I am asking then.

:unsure: and waiting

Turn that frown upside down. I'll let you know. I also viewed the site today and it looks great. I need to link my UPS account to the site still but that will be easy. And just a few minor adjustments here and there on the site. I am hoping to have a set time and date stated tomorrow sometime. I will be giving at least a 2 or 3 day notice before it is opens. The site has turned out great and can't wait for it to go live.