MUST READ DRUM UPDATE POST!!!

List??? Get me on there too!!! WOHOO!!! Please? :wub:
s

Anybody that ask in one of my information threads will receive a PM through the forum. Thanks for the support, You will get one.

I'm also one of those guys regularly reading and checking the forum, I just don't post a lot. Please add me to the list. Thank you.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Set time & date for site opening 7/26/07 since you posted after midnight? Any idea about shipping date beyond site opening? No rush, just want one BAD. I'm in line but at the head. :)

I was meaning today. I don't know yet if I will be able to post the time today though. I want to make sure that everything with the site is ready to go and could be turned loose at the time of posting the time. I'm afraid if I post a time before everything is 100% that a 1% incomplete will make me post pone the release date. I don't want to make people plan on a time and have to change it. Also, I have so many emails to send and would just have to resend them all over if there was a change in the site opening.

I will go over the estimated shipping time in detail when I post the "site opening date" thread and the info will be on the site as well. The site opening is drawing really near though. :super:

Set time & date for site opening 7/26/07 since you posted after midnight? Any idea about shipping date beyond site opening? No rush, just want one BAD. I'm in line but at the head. :)

I was meaning today. I don't know yet if I will be able to post the time today though. I want to make sure that everything with the site is ready to go and could be turned loose at the time of posting the time. I'm afraid if I post a time before everything is 100% that a 1% incomplete will make me post pone the release date. I don't want to make people plan on a time and have to change it. Also, I have so many emails to send and would just have to resend them all over if there was a change in the site opening.

I will go over the estimated shipping time in detail when I post the "site opening date" thread and the info will be on the site as well. The site opening is drawing really near though. :super:

I am having trouble with the UPS calculator setting up right on my site. Also my credit card processing hasn't been activated yet. I am hoping it will all be done in the next day or 2. It really shouldn't be long now.

I am having trouble with the UPS calculator setting up right on my site. Also my credit card processing hasn't been activated yet. I am hoping it will all be done in the next day or 2. It really shouldn't be long now.

The UPS calculator is up and running!! :super: Now the cc processing just needs to be activated.

Once the "cc processing" is activated, are you ready to ship? Are we getting close? Give me that cc companies number and I'll get it turned on. :)

I won't be ready to ship. I wish. Right now it looks like shipping will be around 2 months out. Hopefully things go smooth but if I need to make adjustments to the mold I will postpone shipping. I don't want to rush this to market and if that means putting off to make adjustment I will. When you make a mold, the material you fill into the mold will shrink as it cools. All material shrink different. They really have it down to a science. But still they have to calculate in the shrink and make the mold big enough to allow for the shrink. They say that you should count on one tweaking of the mold at least. They get it close a run a few to test the shrink. They have to get it just right so the product shrink to the size you are looking for. They also say that half the time you don't need to go back and adjust the mold. I am hoping I am part of the luck 50%. But if It needs adjusted for a better fit, I will definitely do it. I have taken great time and care in the project and there is no way I'll rush it right at the end. :smoke:

I'm getting ready to call and push the issue a little with the CC processing company now. See what the hold up is. I'll let you know if I form a posse :chris:

Man, oh man! You are getting and giving quite an education in this manufacturing process. I am glad you are not rushing to insure the quality of your product. I also appreciate the updates on how all this works. I am completely ignorant about injection molding and find it quite interesting. Down side is that it takes quite awhile to get it perfect, up side is that you can just "poop" 'em out when you're finished. Thanks for the update and keep on truckin'.

Man, oh man! You are getting and giving quite an education in this manufacturing process. I am glad you are not rushing to insure the quality of your product. I also appreciate the updates on how all this works. I am completely ignorant about injection molding and find it quite interesting. Down side is that it takes quite awhile to get it perfect, up side is that you can just "poop" 'em out when you're finished. Thanks for the update and keep on truckin'.

It takes awhile but once you get the mold done, it's on. I have learned more than I thought there was to know about plastic injection. And still know very little compared to the plastic injection guys themselves. You can trust I haven't and will not rush any part of the process, a perfectionist's blessing and curse.

I just talked to the Processing center that is handling the CC stuff. He said that the website is being reviewed and that he hasn't heard from them yet, which is a good sign that they don't need anything changed on the site to be acceptable for taking orders. I guess sometimes they ask for things to be changed here and there in regards to terms, shipping,..... He said he is out of the office nut will call me back in about 4 hrs or so and give me an update. I am hoping he can give me a solid time on acceptance. If he does, you guys will be the first to know!

Mike, I have said it before. Hats off to you for staying in touch with the forum and your potential customers. It may seem like a small thing, but think of all the others who don't communicate well and leave people hanging. You are doing things right by staying in touch, and by taking the time to do things right before releasing your product.

Hang in there man. We are all chomping at the bit, yes, but we respect you for doing what needs to be done. B)

Mike, I have said it before. Hats off to you for staying in touch with the forum and your potential customers. It may seem like a small thing, but think of all the others who don't communicate well and leave people hanging. You are doing things right by staying in touch, and by taking the time to do things right before releasing your product.

Hang in there man. We are all chomping at the bit, yes, but we respect you for doing what needs to be done. B)

Thanks man, I really appreciate it!

Let me take this time to let everyone know that I have talked to my middleman on the cc processing. He called me yesterday and today both to let me know that he is working on it. He said the main company (a chase branch or something) is backed up but that he is staying on them. I was starting to doubt him but I feel now, if he took the time to called me both days to tell me he is pushing it I believe him.

Also, some might have noticed on the site that it says "actual appearance may vary" . This is because I have changed the external cosmetics. Here is what is different: I changed the shape of the ribs. On the front I made them taller, and all ribs have been made more of an arch shape compared to more of a wall shape like in the pics. I did some research on support and the arch has been proven for thousands of yrs. It will give the ribs much more strength and distrubution. I added a more structural support where the drum meets the tower. I added extra rails coming off the screw bosses, they come out the sides and stop at the first circular rib on the front face. I added a trianglar (teeth like) reenforments to the band I put around the outer edge. The will give more surface ares for body support and distrubution than the just the run of the band by itself. I slightly reduced the cover diameter and added a lip to the drum body to help protect the cover edge inclding icreasing the size of the screw bosses to extend the lip to the cover edge without having to reduce the cover size around the screw holes. I added MD20 to the front (not to big or flashy though) I'm sure my discriptions will confuse some but I will try to post a 3D image tomorrow of what I'm talking about. Also, these mods are very minimal on material and time but will greatly strengthen the drum even more.

Oh yeah, another thing. I read a post made by some scape age scientist that was talking about Glocks. He said that when someone that knew material picked up a glock that they could tell immediately that the material is coming very close to polyphthalamide properties. They way I read that is glock material is close, but not as good as polyphthalamide. This drum is going to be great!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Mike,

Is there a magic number that you need to hit in order to start production?

I noticed the website shows you are a little less than half sold out!

I have three on order, but, if it was close then that could be my justification

to increase my order.

You know, take one for the team.....

Mike,

Is there a magic number that you need to hit in order to start production?

I noticed the website shows you are a little less than half sold out!

I have three on order, but, if it was close then that could be my justification

to increase my order.

You know, take one for the team.....

Okent, Thanks for the order. There is no magic number to hit. Production is barely tied to the pre-order. If the 50% deposit and reduced price led you to wonder this this is why I did it like this. The deposit is to cover production cost. After everything (cash, credit, and sold personal goods) put into getting it to production would have left me with the funds to produce around 100 to 200 drums for the first run. With the deposit I can comfortable increase the number made in the first run. If I hadn't, a large % of the people (well over half at current sales) that have ordered wouldn't have been able to receive one off the first run and would have had to wait until the second run.

The reduced price is to give people that have watched, waited, and supported a chance for a special deal. If you remember when the 10rders were released, the people that bought first found that if they had waited they could have got a better deal. I know that is typically how most markets go but didn't want that for the drum. I wanted people that was here first for the drum to find that there drum was worth more than they paid for it the day they received it. The reduced price is why I'm not offering any dealer/quantity discounts on the first run. After the first run and the prices raise to $215 per drum I will start offering discounts for larger orders. I don't have the price details of that worked out yet but I will probably limit the number I offer to stocking dealers and also the cheapest price per unit will be above $165 per drum. Hopefully this will help prevent dealer overstocking and keep the value of your drum from drastically dropping.

I feel that even at $215 per drum is a great deal. There aren't many option. There is only 2 other 12ga option for someone and that is the USAS-12 and it's clone (WM-12) and the gun cost between $2000 to $3400 and the drum for that is going to run another $600 to $800 (if you can even find one for sale) and the WM for the saiga for $319. Also if you compare the MD-20 price to other guns high cap mags, the beta-c mags run from $225 to $250, Tommygun 50rd is around the same and their 100rd is $550 to $600 and so on.

But if you do want to order a few more is no problem and wouldn't exactly be taking one for the team. You can resell a couple and make the ones you keep even cheaper. I think the same thing will happen as with the 10rders. Once the MD-20 starts shipping and once no deposit is required along with people verifying the quality, people will be ready to get one in the hordes.

Also I apologize for the unanswered emails and pm's , some have been answered and I've been working to answer the rest. I am still trying to catch up from my few days away. For people that have called, I am extra sorry. I have a list a mile long of phone calls and as soon as I empty my voice mail it fill back up. I urge everyone that can, to please contact me by email or pm's here. And I promise to try and return every ones call. I don't have the capital to hire a secretary right now (or the time to teach all the details for your answers) and also I'm sure that there is no one to better answer the most of the questions than me even if I did. Thanks again everyone!!!

Mike

No problem. Just wondering if it would help if I ordered a couple more.

I am one of those guys who can't bring myself to sell gun stuff so the resale

thing is a nonissue.

I have sold a couple of things and almost always end up regretting it.

I am not in a rush, I just dropped off my saiga with Tromix, but the drum looks so good I can't wait to get a hold of it.

Thanks

okent