12ga wireless Taser load - zap!

Pretty neato. Looks like a lot could fail in such an intricate device though.

Gizmodo post with video

Taser's site

- D

It's a low impulse round that won't operate our regular Saigas so..

The time for the Saiga-12P is here"

saiga12p.jpg

I'd definitely keep one of those Taser Slugs as the first round in my home defense shotgun! I's sure rather Taser someone and hold them at gunpoint than kill them if given the option and if it doesn't work then the next round being a full 3in Mag full of #4 Buckshot certainly would and I would know that I did all I could to avoid taking a human life in a confrontation..

Edited by SOPMOD
I wonder how much a gizmo like that costs.

My department is getting these for T&E. I'll let you know how well they work and the cost for individuals. The regular Taser cartriges are about $25.00 each.

I might post a video of one in action, that is as long as I don't wet myself 20 seconds is a long time when you are riding the lightning. :cryss:

I'm sure I will be the only volunteer for testing.

My department is getting these for T&E. I'll let you know how well they work and the cost for individuals. The regular Taser cartriges are about $25.00 each.

I might post a video of one in action, that is as long as I don't wet myself 20 seconds is a long time when you are riding the lightning. :cryss:

i thought anyone packing had to "volunteer"

here in eugene or tasers aren't allowed for LE

cops shot a very bi-polar 17yr old with 2 bean-bag rounds... no effect.... and had to kill him

i think we need these rounds here... BADLY

seams a good compramise to me

cops shot a very bi-polar 17yr old with 2 bean-bag rounds... no effect.... and had to kill him

I'm not sure how a mentally deficient 17 year old pointing weapons at LEO has much to do with tasers or less lethal bean bags, or double tapping him after all of the above. Much less how that has to do with a tazer shot 12ga shotty trinket????

So you can shoot someones eye out with a bean bag, but you can't tazer them with a handheld, but you could shoot them with a tazer??? Are you in Cali?

No ablo.

Edited by twinhairdryers

I'm not sure how a mentally deficient 17 year old pointing weapons at LEO has much to do with tasers or less lethal bean bags, or double tapping him after all of the above. Much less how that has to do with a tazer shot 12ga shotty trinket????

So you can shoot someones eye out with a bean bag, but you can't tazer them with a handheld, but you could shoot them with a tazer??? Are you in Cali?

No ablo.

he had a knife... went after his family... then the cops

the bean bags had no effect... and it's against policy to use tazers

so unfortunatelythey had to use deadly force

a very cali-like policy

No ablo.

he had a knife... went after his family... then the cops

the bean bags had no effect... and it's against policy to use tazers

so unfortunatelythey had to use deadly force

a very cali-like policy

Tasers get a lot of bad press and it seems that about every third time one is used there is a law suit or the threat of one anyway. The taser is extremely horrible for 5 seconds and then it is over. Suspects get hit with flashlights causing injuries that need medical attention. They get apprehended by Police K-9's which they feel for a few weeks afterward but you never hear another peep after the arrest.

The Taser works. It has saved countless officers and arrestees from serious injury and possible death. If the leads hit right and the Taser is charged it works 100%. The mental state, size, or drug usage does not reduce the effectiveness of the Taser. When departments first started issuing them, Officers were told that they fell in just before hands on in the use of force continueum.

That meant,

Officer: Your under arrest turn around and put your hands on your head

Bad guy: No!

Officer: TASER! TASER! TASER! ZZZAAAPPP!!!!

This led to the over use and bad press of this tool making it impossible for some departments to issue them.