I have been offered a Saiga 12 C8 through a dealer I know and have no clue what the rifle looks like at all.

Can anyone give me an idea on what it looks like or post a picture of a standard one for me?

What are they asking for it?

Here is a link to a outdated ad for the Saiga-12C. http://www.keepshooting.com/firearms/shotguns/saiga12c.htm

I have never heard of a C8 but asume this is what they have. If it is, they sell for around $1200 or more today. There arn't to many in 12c's in country. They are folding stock and pistol griped from the Izhmash factory. They are pretty rare.

Here is a link to a outdated ad for the Saiga-12C. http://www.keepshooting.com/firearms/shotguns/saiga12c.htm

I have never heard of a C8 but asume this is what they have. If it is, they sell for around $1200 or more today. There arn't to many in 12c's in country. They are folding stock and pistol griped from the Izhmash factory. They are pretty rare.

That makes sense. It may be a Saiga 12c w/ 8 round mag. I'm also interested if you pass on it. I just bought a used one for $1050.

Edited by az_shootist

It may be a Saiga-12C which was a factory Law Enforcement Only (LEO) import. The guns are usually marked as such. They are in the non-sporter configuration with a factory side folding stock. The ones I have seen were imported by Hesse and Kalasnikov-USA. I just passed on one for $900 because it had a cut down barrel w/ funky muzzle break on it. If it was in stock configuration, I would have definitely taken it.

I personally believe they are in the $1000-1200 range. With Tromix guns running about $750-1000, I believe the factory S-12C get a slight premium. But much more than that and they probably sit around.

It may be a Saiga-12C which was a factory Law Enforcement Only (LEO) import. The guns are usually marked as such. They are in the non-sporter configuration with a factory side folding stock. The ones I have seen were imported by Hesse and Kalasnikov-USA. I just passed on one for $900 because it had a cut down barrel w/ funky muzzle break on it. If it was in stock configuration, I would have definitely taken it.

I personally believe they are in the $1000-1200 range. With Tromix guns running about $750-1000, I believe the factory S-12C get a slight premium. But much more than that and they probably sit around.

Was the $900 12c online? I'm about to cut one down to SBS. ...sounds like the perfect candidate.

Was the $900 12c online? I'm about to cut one down to SBS. ...sounds like the perfect candidate.

Did you know that the 12c is set up not to fire with the stock folded. I'm sure it could be disabled though.

Did you know that the 12c is set up not to fire with the stock folded. I'm sure it could be disabled though.

I may have a different one, but my 12C fires just fine with the stock folded. If I remember there was a model made for Russian domestic consumers that had this function in it, I think it was called the 12K.

I may have a different one, but my 12C fires just fine with the stock folded. If I remember there was a model made for Russian domestic consumers that had this function in it, I think it was called the 12K.

That might be the one. I remembered one had it but it has been awhile ago since I've heard anything about the feature.

I have been told it comes with 8 round magazines so I assume Mike is correct. I'm actually based in Jhb South Africa and they are currently in Namibia (with a dealer based in Cape Town South Africa) The stock was apparently ordered very long ago and due to paperwork and import issues was delayed.

I will only hear more about it when it gets to Cape Town though

I've got two 12c's. Both fire fine with a folded stock.

I've got two 12c's. Both fire fine with a folded stock.

I had the feature confused as to which model it was on. My memory usually serves me very well, but not this time. :lolol:

The gun you are thinking about is owned by a member here called slag . I was going to buy it too but couldn't raise the cash. He's local to me. Not sure if it's still around though...

The gun you are thinking about is owned by a member here called slag . I was going to buy it too but couldn't raise the cash. He's local to me. Not sure if it's still around though...

If you run into him, send him my way.

the 12K issue is due to Russian gun laws. export 12K models don't have that feature.

I cut my 12C down to 18.25" (form 22" -- work was done by tromix) and had it threaded for the factory chokes. Right now it has the factory IZH birdcage hider on it and it is the shit! It might have to get one of Mike's drums though!

another slick feature of the LEO import 12C guns... http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...14&hl=nixon