Mags for the .223 Saiga.

I am thinking of buying a Saiga in .223 If I buy 30 round mags that work in the rifle thay cost $50.00 each.What I want to know is what can I get "name brand" in the $10.00 to $20.00 rang that I do not have to alter my rifle,just alter the mags.,and what do I have to alter on the mags. Or will some one be making a cheap mag for the Saiga? Thanks in advance.

CHW111

I am thinking of buying a Saiga in .223 If I buy 30 round mags that work in the rifle thay cost $50.00 each.What I want to know is what can I get "name brand" in the $10.00 to $20.00 rang that I do not have to alter my rifle,just alter the mags.,and what do I have to alter on the mags. Or will some one be making a cheap mag for the Saiga? Thanks in advance.

CHW111

The 30 round 223 mags for a Saiga costs between 50 and 60 dollars. You can get the good ones from Gunsmoke (850) 926-5500. If you take the time and get one of Dinzag's bullet guides and install it, the you can use the Galil Orlite 30 rounders. You can get them for 10 dollars used or 14 new.

10 mags for $140.00 or 1o mags for $600.00. If you never plan to buy more than one or two and don't feel up to putting the bullet guide in the the more expensive mags are not a bad idea. If you go that way you can still you your factory mag also. Just think about what your plans are for the rifle and which way is more cost and time effective for you. Either way the 223 Saiga is a fine rifle esspecially for the price. Read back through some of the older 223 posts and I don't think you will find any negative comments.

CHW111

The 30 round 223 mags for a Saiga costs between 50 and 60 dollars. You can get the good ones from Gunsmoke (850) 926-5500. If you take the time and get one of Dinzag's bullet guides and install it, the you can use the Galil Orlite 30 rounders. You can get them for 10 dollars used or 14 new.

10 mags for $140.00 or 1o mags for $600.00. If you never plan to buy more than one or two and don't feel up to putting the bullet guide in the the more expensive mags are not a bad idea. If you go that way you can still you your factory mag also. Just think about what your plans are for the rifle and which way is more cost and time effective for you. Either way the 223 Saiga is a fine rifle esspecially for the price. Read back through some of the older 223 posts and I don't think you will find any negative comments.

Just reminder, if you slap a 30 rounder in to a stock gun, as purchased, you are in violation of Federal laws. do a serach here on the forum on 922r. The short of it, is that you need to convert or add some US made parts in order for it to be legal to use the 30 round mags. silly law, but i take it seriously just because i really like shooting, and like my right to own weapons.....in theory, they could take that away form me, and give me some pretty hefty fines i'm guessing.

So take that as you will.....some may assume the ATF will never know, and just go for it. I'm not taking any chance....i'm legal, and plan to keep it that way.

good luck....you'll love the gun even with a 10 round mag!

Thanks for the info,I think I know what I am going to do .Iwill get the .223 and at a later date I will convert it .I also like the Saiga-12 I might get it then the .223 ,again Thanks for your help.

CHW111