Russian recoil pad & cheek piece?

Noticed some new Russian tactical-ops pictures lately (the Theater operation, etc...) where Russian soldiers were using a nifty looking recoil pad that strapped on to the end of their AK103s and Krinkovs. Now that I think about it, a couple of the Russian Military/Paramilitary Saiga 12 pix have the same pad on the Krink style metal-frame buttstock.

Anyone know where I could come up with one of these very nifty looking devices?

Also, looking for a cheek piece for the same stock setup- perhapse a hardened rubber one that bolts on?

Thanks,

Ryan

Some of my friends tried this pads on sceletal stock and told about 2 problems

Minor one: you cannot fold stock with pad installed. This is no issue for me, for example because I keep mine unfolded all the time (due to some length restrictions our civilian guns has trigger blocked with stock folded)

Major one: each time you shouldering your rifle it lands in different position because pad is too wide

Problem I foresee: each time your shouldering gun you have increased chance to catch your cloth and (for my synthetic stock) it makes accessory instruments pocket in stock inacessible.

I prefer to train right shouldering, use vests with recoil pads or separate recoil pad if weather is too hot. I have no problem to shoot magnum loads with unmodified stock with just jeans jacket on me (my weight is about 80-90 kg or 175-198 pounds).

(recoil pad I have can bee seen here)

One more against this pad thing for me: although I'm not a VC halfling, short AK's stock firts my soulder lenght almost ideally, especially with some jacket or such. It's need to say most of my friends complaining that AK stock is too short for them. But after all it's a tactical stock, not hunting one. So for now I'm not considering recoil pad, but I agree that is a useful addition when you firing >100 magnum shells for session with light clothers on you.

Cheekpad you saw may be SVD (Dragunov sniper rifle) cheekpad. Just in case it can be seen below. It's adoptable for most AK skeliton stocks here.

Unfortunately I don't know where you can get these parts except you can try to get cheekpad here, and look for some stocks and stuff here and here

BTW I think it's time to expand "Useful Links" with ACE, Ultimak, Tapko, Bushmaster AK section links

post-2-1057149126.jpg

Edited by ZakherBakher