Clear AGP 10rd mags

Kevin told me they should survive a drop test. I'm not gonna press that issue. I'm sure they would be fine on the ground but I'm not trying to smash mine on the concrete floor just to see if it can be done...

If you make more Mike, plenty of people would buy them. Ill take 5.

These aren't my mags. These are made by AGP Arms, I am MD Arms. But I will be surprised if they decide not to make more. Kevin is the guy's arm you have to twist. He ghosts here pretty often by the name Z1500 or you can email him directly from www.agparms.com Sorry!

Polycarbonate is very strong. It isn't as impact resistant or flexible strength as the filled material but still very strong. I very seriously doubt that it will shatter, or even crack for that matter, if dropped (even many times).

You also have to be careful with solvents and petroleum-based lubes around polycarbonate; they will "frost" and weaken the material. I was alerted to this issue in relation to Magpul's smoke-colored PMAGS for the AR-15 in a recent carbine course.

My $.02.

Polycarbonate is very strong. It isn't as impact resistant or flexible strength as the filled material but still very strong. I very seriously doubt that it will shatter, or even crack for that matter, if dropped (even many times).

You also have to be careful with solvents and petroleum-based lubes around polycarbonate; they will "frost" and weaken the material. I was alerted to this issue in relation to Magpul's smoke-colored PMAGS for the AR-15 in a recent carbine course.

My $.02.

yep, Kev told me the same thing.

Dammit,,,missed out. Left a voicemail. Is there any chance on getting in on a preorder for the next batch???

As it stands right now there supposedly won't be a next batch. I'm betting there will be more though.

so thats what happened to the wifes promag..... :angry:

Most manufactures send a notice of some sort with their polycarbonate products. If you got it second hand you probably didn't get it.

Most manufactures send a notice of some sort with their polycarbonate products. If you got it second hand you probably didn't get it.

sad truth is, i prolly got it. tore it out of the bag it came in like a kid a Christmas. and threw all that stuff away!

so what? break em down and put em in the dishwasher???

sad truth is, i prolly got it. tore it out of the bag it came in like a kid a Christmas. and threw all that stuff away!

so what? break em down and put em in the dishwasher???

Dont let them go thru the dry cycle :ded:

They came in today from AGP. I gotta say they sure are sweet! The follower travels better than the black ones and there is more room in the mag so the rounds can compress more freely when reloading. I'm hoping this will cure my inability to reload on a closed bolt.

More good stuff from AGP!!!

Thanks guys!

AGP is located about one mile from my house. I stoped in there today to see if there were any clear mags left. There were four. I talked to Kevin (one hell of a nice guy) and he indicated that this crop of clear mags were from a test/sample batch. These mags are made up of a polymer that contains no glass fiber.

They are still pretty tough but not quite as robust as the black ones. The good news is that we can expect to see clear mags made of glass fiber reinforced polycarbonate some time in the not-too-distant future. I didn't get a solid timeframe but I'm sure it won't be long. I just thought you guys would want to know.

AGP is located about one mile from my house. I stoped in there today to see if there were any clear mags left. There were four. I talked to Kevin (one hell of a nice guy) and he indicated that this crop of clear mags were from a test/sample batch. These mags are made up of a polymer that contains no glass fiber.

They are still pretty tough but not quite as robust as the black ones. The good news is that we can expect to see clear mags made of glass fiber reinforced polycarbonate some time in the not-too-distant future. I didn't get a solid timeframe but I'm sure it won't be long. I just thought you guys would want to know.

WEll SHIT!

There's another cat out of the bag. :rolleyes: I was asked not to say anything about the real clear ones... The ones they put on the sell list were smoke. If you look real close at the pics I posted above THOSE ARE the clear mags. I've got both and have had no problems with either of them.

Also...

As was mentioned above by .40AET, the followers fit better in the newer mags so there shouldn't be any more bitching and moaning going on...and no more magic fixes...hopefully...

Now if we could just talk AGP into making some 10 rd mags for the 410 ....! :D

Got mine this week. They are smoother and wider than the black ones. Absolutely no screwing around with them and ran 100 rounds of various junk through them today without a single hitch. Now I could shoot myself for only getting two. These mags are sweet. It seems that any shrinkage (no personal issues) issues seemed to evade this material. smooth as silk. hope they build more, specially for the same price.

Now if we could just talk AGP into making some 10 rd mags for the 410 ....! :D

Got mine this week. They are smoother and wider than the black ones. Absolutely no screwing around with them and ran 100 rounds of various junk through them today without a single hitch. Now I could shoot myself for only getting two. These mags are sweet. It seems that any shrinkage (no personal issues) issues seemed to evade this material. smooth as silk. hope they build more, specially for the same price.