Cheapest Source for Wolf .308?

sorry to rub it in bro, but wish you could have gotten in on the silver bear sp from CTD for $3.15 a box.

wish we could come up on a deal like that again.

keep searching! you'll come up on something eventually.

:dollar: THEARMORY.COM currently has wolf .308 for 5.99/box 20 rounds and cases of 500 rounds for 149.95. Shipping is about $25 per case, but it is still less than 35 cents per round. Get it while you can.

SurplusAmmo.com has SA battle packs of 140 rounds for 69.99 each currently also. Have not checked shipping prices there. :dollar:

:dollar: THEARMORY.COM currently has wolf .308 for 5.99/box 20 rounds and cases of 500 rounds for 149.95. Shipping is about $25 per case, but it is still less than 35 cents per round. Get it while you can.

SurplusAmmo.com has SA battle packs of 140 rounds for 69.99 each currently also. Have not checked shipping prices there. :dollar:

Got a direct link to the source of the Wolf....i cant find it.

Nevermind,i found it.Theres two Armory.coms.

Edited by Pointer
the saiga creases them.

i put a piece of rubber on the ejection port and the charging handle.

that eliminated the brass damage.

i have been thinking of trying that liquid rubber that is used on tool handles.

Any chance of a pic for exact location?

the saiga creases them.

i put a piece of rubber on the ejection port and the charging handle.

that eliminated the brass damage.

i have been thinking of trying that liquid rubber that is used on tool handles.

Any chance of a pic for exact location?

you bet! the lack of photos is what added about 10 hours to my conversion!

i put blue tape on it so it is easily visible

davesdrive-4.jpg

I sprang for a valmet buffer (big wampum), but you can also eliminate the creasing with some of the stuff they sell to put on the edges of car doors (eliminates dings). I think bell makes the stuff. It's something that's probably available at wal mart.

Both ways, the brass looks just great for reloading. Primers are $20 per thousand, 8 lbs of powder does about 1000 rounds and you can buy 1000 pulled 30-06 bullets for $65. That's about $180 total for 1000 rounds (plus your time) vs the same amount for 500 rounds of steel cased. The decision depends on how much you want to shoot, and how much time you have to invest. The quality of even the high output pulled bullet reloads seems to be right with, or better than, typical factory offerings.

Great info, buck. Thanks!

I did get some surgical tubing to put over the charging handle, and it works great. I used several thicknesses of electrical tape on the ejection port edges. The black matches perfectly - you cannot see it at all.

Great info, buck. Thanks!

I did get some surgical tubing to put over the charging handle, and it works great. I used several thicknesses of electrical tape on the ejection port edges. The black matches perfectly - you cannot see it at all.

I just bought the car door stuff from wal mart for a total of $2.66 It seems pretty pliable, but I'm not sure how it will do under fire. It comes in black so it blends in pretty well. Once I get back to the range I'll give an opinion on it (was just out this morning, so it might take a week or so until I take out the saigas again). If it works well, I can mail some out to anyone here who wants any. My $2.66 got me enough to do about 15 ak's

Yeah, I too have been thinking about investing in reloading....but the brass seems to be the "gotcha", as in where to get it reasonable and even at all. Fortunately I have recently acquired a couple thousand rounds of SA .308 in the battle packs. But since I don't plan on shooting much of it specifically, it doesn't help me for some reasonably priced some plinking ammo. ($$$$)

Both ways, the brass looks just great for reloading. Primers are $20 per thousand, 8 lbs of powder does about 1000 rounds and you can buy 1000 pulled 30-06 bullets for $65. That's about $180 total for 1000 rounds (plus your time) vs the same amount for 500 rounds of steel cased.

But that's with out the brass cost, no? Which even if you have it, it needs to be replaced every 4-6th time you reload it, correct?

i bit the bullet....(sorry)....

and bought 2000 rnds. of lake city match ammo.

i dont shoot my saiga like a madman so 1000 rnds. lasted me about a year.and of course i saved the brass.

i also bought 1000 cleaned lake city match cases from a man on a forum like this $80

i use the cases until they start forming the shiny ring near the base.

yes i get about 6 uses or so out of the brass.

full length resizing will shorten the life of the brass.