New Saiga 12 Will Not Cycle rounds

Hi,

I just picked up a Saiga 12 499.00 w/10 round mag and 5 rounder. I went to the gun store and picked up some 2 3/4 shells and took her out for some test fire, it will not extract spent shell. Fires fine, will not cycle new round. Do I need to buy cetain ammo for this gun??? I have a 762 and have had so much fun , I had to have this 12. Man talk about a bubble burst. new and have to cycle it like a pump action. can you help????

My first question is what type of ammo are you using in 2 3/4? the next is what is your gas system set on? i have had success using Winchester AA 2 /34 shells on #2 setting with very few stove pipes.

Also congrats on your new S-12 hope we can help you out with this issue, so you can get to the enjoyment.

What type of ammo are you shooting? You should break the gun in with full-power loads (00-buck or slugs) and let it loosen up before you try light loads and bird shot. Are you seeing any movement of the bolt after the gun fires?

Try setting the gas valve to 2 (light loads) if you're currently using 1 (standard/magnum). If it still doesn't cycle, check to see if Ivan was too drunk that day and forgot to drill the gas holes.

What type of ammo are you shooting? You should break the gun in with full-power loads (00-buck or slugs) and let it loosen up before you try light loads and bird shot. Are you seeing any movement of the bolt after the gun fires?

Try setting the gas valve to 2 (light loads) if you're currently using 1 (standard/magnum). If it still doesn't cycle, check to see if Ivan was too drunk that day and forgot to drill the gas holes.

I'm using Winchester expert high-velocity steel shot 12-g 3" 1400 ft/second. I didn't notice any movement - will look next time I shoot.

Unscrew the gas adjustment nut all the way out and remove it. Is there a piston/disc there? There should be. If it's missing there's your trouble. While you're in there inspect for 3 or 4 gas holes. No holes? As another poster said, Ivan the gas hole driller was drunk that day.

Unscrew the gas adjustment nut all the way out and remove it. Is there a piston/disc there? There should be. If it's missing there's your trouble. While you're in there inspect for 3 or 4 gas holes. No holes? As another poster said, Ivan the gas hole driller was drunk that day. :devil: :devil:

:devil:

:ded::ded::ded: BINGO YOU WIN THE PRIZE :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

No Piston disc or what ever the hell it is!!!!!!!! #8 on the parts list...........................F%#K ME can't get a break :devil: Ok so how can I get one of these pieces for my new firearm???? Can you send me a pic of yours??? Thanks man, sorry i'm real pissed. Ive had a boner for one of these for a while and I close a big sale and my wife told me to treat myself to something nice! I should of taken the strippers. What the Hell......

jroberts,

Here is a pic of the gas piston. The only place I know to get a replacement is TROMIX. I think Tony sells them for about $45...ouch! :cryss: But at least it is a made in the good old USA part and can be used for compliance :super:

post-4575-1186105478_thumb.jpg

jroberts,

Here is a pic of the gas piston. The only place I know to get a replacement is TROMIX. I think Tony sells them for about $45...ouch! :cryss: But at least it is a made in the good old USA part and can be used for compliance :super:

As an alternative, wraithmaker.com sells USA gas pistons for 28.95+shipping. I have no idea what their shipping charge is.

You should go back to the gun store or person that you bought it from first and see what they can do to get you the part that was missing. If private sale maybe the guy has it sitting on his bench and doesn't know it.

I wonder if EAA still has any, they used to stock them. Tony made USA replacements, I am waiting for him to get caught up so I can cop one of those. Also Tantal has been known to have some parts.

• 2 weeks later...
Well make that one other person who's missing the gas piston on a brand new shotgun. I think I'll call RAA directly since they're here in Indiana. The upside is that I only wasted 75 rounds trying to break it in.

Were you the one at Eagle Creek? If so, I knew something had to be completely wrong with it. That sucks that they are screwing them up at the factory.