I just got my reloading dies from Midway. The Lee products at midway are much cheaper than on the Lee Catalog (such as the Shotgun shell reloader priced from lee at $50 while $33 at midway. Or pretty much any die includeing the higher quality Lee dies for around $20ish)

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you guys had reloaded this round before. The bad thing about this round is I have noticed there are many different sizes of bullets and full length of the round. From my measurements of 4 different brands from military surplus to modern production they all vary. My measurements on these bullets show they are all .310 cal (basic but not exact) and one reloading book I have says .310 (written by Lee) and the paper insert from lee says .308

Now the question is, which bullets do I get? there are some .303 bullets at .310 which could work, there are tons and tons of .308, and there are many molds and some cast bullets in .309

I suppose I could always get a few of all the above and just try them all out and see what kind of accuracy I get, but I was just wondering what you other guys had done.

(I could always "slug the barrel" as well and then get .001 larger like I've seen reccomended)

Verson, Stick with the .310-.312 bullets. There is not as much selection out there as compared to the .308 bullets, but there are quite a few available. Skip the cast bullets. They are more of a pain in the a** than anything. Varget and H4895 seem to work very well. So does IMR 4320 and RE15. If you plan on hunting with this, Dpending were you are at, Stay with the 150gr bullets. They work very well for deer up to about 250lbs. Try to run these at 2700fps. I'll have to check, I have a very good load that groups about 1.25" at 100yds with a Sierra 150BTSP out of my 91/30.

The OAL of the round is going to vary a lot. It depends on your rifle. Most of the MN have a very long throat. You want the longest OAL possible without the bullet touching the rifling and still able to fit in the magizine.

Go over to Parallaxe's site I gave ya awhile ago. There are tons of guys that reload this round there. If they can't help you, no one can.

unless you want to make an ultra accurate round, i wouldn't bother. i use the round for plinking and i get it so cheap at the gunshow. last weekend i bought some silver tip rounds, and some regular surplus rounds for $2.99 per 20.

Edited by chips

thanks guys,

I'll go check that web site out tomme boy.

chips- yeah I too buy a lot of mil. surplus ammo. My fav. is the Sliver tip, which in my own opnion gave me better groups then some of the name brands. But also it has the habbit of sometimes having a round that shoots way off as well. Plus I've been becomming more worried about the barrel showing signs of pitting etc. I use the heck out of my m44, and to clean it every time right then I get home from the range... well it doesnt happen always. I do want to get tighter groups if possible, I dunno if its my barrel going bad or what, but I figure more accurate reloaded ammo would be fun to do. + its good exp, when I get a Nagant Revolver and 7.62 (cz52 and something like a TT-33)