Ace "AR15 Ultralight" Folding Stock?

Hello

I'm planning the bling for my new S12 build, and noticed these kind of "bare-bones" single-strut stocks on the Ace site. The look I'm going for on this build is kind of light, nimble, bare-bones, anti Halo/Valley Bitch type deal. I reckoned this stock might fit the bill pretty well.

I was looking to fit it to their internal block with a hinge, just like my two Ace SOCOM stocks, which I really like a lot.

Anybody have any first-hand experience with these, or any advice as to how they may work out on an S12 build? Even though they don't look real beefy, I have to think that being an Ace product, they would have no problem holding up.

Thanks for any insight...

Guido2 in Houston

• 2 years later...

Man, that OP was quite a while ago. I've used 'em a couple of times, they seem to work great. One on a S12, one on a .308.

Only downside is no adjustability, unlike the SOCOM. You cut the tube, and then you got what you got.

But, they are very light and simple, just what I was looking for. Plus, that Ace recoil pad in 1" thickness lets you shoot all day in luxurious comfort. Nice foam for a cheek weld, too. I think I would go with the integral hinge/pignose if I were going to fold it.

Hope this help,

guido

It is a great help. My question now is something I won't be able to answer until the TPS is in my hand, and that is whether the ultralight is too light for the TPS. Five ounces is really, really light. REALLY. Balance is a big deal on a shotgun, and I may go with the ARFX-E instead for just this reason.

• 9 months later...