Mojo Sight for a S-12?

I'm thinking about getting a rear aperture to replace the near-invisible blade sight on my Yugo Mauser M24/47, and I found this site:

http://www.mojosights.com/

After perusing, I noted they have an AK rear sight as well!

Would this be a compatible replacement for a Saiga rear sight? Would it be worthwhile? It sounds quite nice for a shotgun, a kind of quick acquisition sight. This wouldn't be the double aperture Mojo makes, only the rear aperture.

Any thoughts? Good idea? Bad idea? The stock rear sight isn't actually as bad as it could be, but hey, I don't have to tell you guys how much fun it is to tinker with Saigas!

I'm thinking about getting a rear aperture to replace the near-invisible blade sight on my Yugo Mauser M24/47, and I found this site:

http://www.mojosights.com/

After perusing, I noted they have an AK rear sight as well!

Would this be a compatible replacement for a Saiga rear sight? Would it be worthwhile? It sounds quite nice for a shotgun, a kind of quick acquisition sight. This wouldn't be the double aperture Mojo makes, only the rear aperture.

Any thoughts? Good idea? Bad idea? The stock rear sight isn't actually as bad as it could be, but hey, I don't have to tell you guys how much fun it is to tinker with Saigas!

I have one on my S-308 and I love it. This sight replaces a STANDARD AK rear sight, so if you have a stock S-12 it won't go in easy. You would have to install a rear sight block to do it, and that's where I'll have to refer you to one of the pro's.

(That's you dinzag, Cobra, anyone else who's done it)

On a side note, it's compatible with any of the Saiga rifles. It's also a small apeture, prolly wouldn't make a good quick accquisition sight. Have you checked out the Krebs S-12 ghost ring and front sights? Much less work!

Shane

I have one on my S-308 and I love it. This sight replaces a STANDARD AK rear sight, so if you have a stock S-12 it won't go in easy. You would have to install a rear sight block to do it, and that's where I'll have to refer you to one of the pro's.

(That's you dinzag, Cobra, anyone else who's done it)

On a side note, it's compatible with any of the Saiga rifles. It's also a small apeture, prolly wouldn't make a good quick accquisition sight. Have you checked out the Krebs S-12 ghost ring and front sights? Much less work!

Shane

Oops! I think I was playing around too much with my father-in-law's x39 Saiga, and I forgot the S-12 sight was different!

I had seen the Krebs before, but it is just a bit pricier than I preferred, but the Mojo sight would require too much modding to be worth it, so maybe the Krebs would be ideal.