ETA on Ultimak Optic Rail?

Generally, I do not/cannot recommend the Ultimak gas-tube rail mount for optics on the AK platform of firearms. While for hunting purposes on a S-12, the heat sink damage to an optic is limited due to the limited number of rounds fired and the lower heat production as compared to let's say, an AK in 7.62 x 39 or .223/5.56 NATO in combat or at a match. I have read about REALLY EXPENSIVE optics heating and batteries exploding or the optic otherwise being damaged on an Ulti rail due to heat.

The S-12 in HUNTING apps may be better as far as that problem goes, BUT. . .I personally would use the side rail, because that's where the AK designers at Izmash have found it to work better and longer with more types of optics. I have heated my S-12 barrels up to a point that I got badly burned during IPSC amd IDPA club activities. Optics cost too much for me to risk the damage. THere is also a newer tri-rail that rides OVER the gas tube, AND allows you use of your irons!!! That is th ticket for me on my next AK-101 clone (.223/5.56 NATO). Do what you will with your $$$.