Went to a gunshow and got to check out a Tigr and one of the Robinson Vepr conversions.

The Vepr was quite nice but heavy. I mistook it for a Galil at first. Rock solid. The handguard is styled like the Saiga's but thicker with some sort of heat sheild. The stock/grip is one piece. Again, solid, comfortable if maybe a tad long (someone should see if Robinson will sell these for Saiga Ms). Nice irons, didn't care for the rail. I think I'd rather get a bulgarian because of the weight but still tops in the AK class.

Tigr was neat to see in person. Weird but you could really tell it came from the same factory as the Saiga. Even smelled the same. Not at all delicate like SVDs look like in pictures. Bolt definitely is more like an SKS. Shame they can't sell these here. Makes the Romaks look like trash. They wanted $2,200.

Bought a K31 Swiss. Now to find ammo....

Went to a gunshow and got to check out a Tigr and one of the Robinson Vepr conversions.

The Vepr was quite nice but heavy. I mistook it for a Galil at first. Rock solid. The handguard is styled like the Saiga's but thicker with some sort of heat sheild. The stock/grip is one piece. Again, solid, comfortable if maybe a tad long (someone should see if Robinson will sell these for Saiga Ms). Nice irons, didn't care for the rail. I think I'd rather get a bulgarian because of the weight but still tops in the AK class.

Tigr was neat to see in person. Weird but you could really tell it came from the same factory as the Saiga. Even smelled the same. Not at all delicate like SVDs look like in pictures. Bolt definitely is more like an SKS. Shame they can't sell these here. Makes the Romaks look like trash. They wanted $2,200.

Yeah, the VEPRS are nice , have one in 5.45 and 7.62. The are definitely the best constructed and finished AK's available and they are the most accurate as well. If you can deal with added weight and slightly different look they are well, well worth the money. I changed my stocks to ACE folders, real easy to do and looks more traditional.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...