What % thinks Full Auto is ok?

Full Auto Ok?  

284 members have voted

1. 1. Should Full Auto be Legal?

• Yes, It should be legal (with no GCA or NFA)
    • Yes, like it currently is
    • No, its evil.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the reason that you cannot buy a phalanx off a cruiser, even if you re-caliber the barrels, is the electronic motor is a classified component, and as such, is not legal to sale to ANYONE outside of the US governement. if you want one, you will be waiting a LONG time. the same people that make nuclear warheads make the motors for those guns.....

and machine guns should be more legal, but not availible in the local convinience stores....IMHO....additionally, rimfire full auto should be easier to get, and legal in all states, with proper registration, IMHO again......

just my two cents.

It was .30 caliber, so what does it matter whether it was .308 or 30.06?

Although if it was .308, I'm po'd at James for wasting all that ammo and making my prices go higher. :angry:

LOL. I say we write him angry letters demanding free .308 ammo for wasting a couple years worth of ammo.

Dear Mr. James,

Please be advised that we, the Saiga .308 Community, are royally Pissed Off at the waste and excessiveness shown in the episode where you used that sweet, sweet mini-gun to tear that car a new one. We DEMAND that you send us free .308 ammo, or at least invite us over next time so we can shoot that sweet, sweet mini-gun....../drool. OH, where were we? Oh yes, please in the future be more courteous to your fellow .308 ammo users.

Signed,

Saiga-12.com/Saiga Rifles/Saiga .308 Community.

It was .30 caliber, so what does it matter whether it was .308 or 30.06?

Although if it was .308, I'm po'd at James for wasting all that ammo and making my prices go higher. :angry:

LOL. I say we write him angry letters demanding free .308 ammo for wasting a couple years worth of ammo.

Dear Mr. James,

Please be advised that we, the Saiga .308 Community, are royally Pissed Off at the waste and excessiveness shown in the episode where you used that sweet, sweet mini-gun to tear that car a new one. We DEMAND that you send us free .308 ammo, or at least invite us over next time so we can shoot that sweet, sweet mini-gun....../drool. OH, where were we? Oh yes, please in the future be more courteous to your fellow .308 ammo users.

Signed,

Saiga-12.com/Saiga Rifles/Saiga .308 Community.

LOL very good. :lolol:

I voted for "the way it is now" because I sorta do think you need to prove something about yourself before you can own full-auto. I think that people that don't know they can get their hands on full auto shouldn't be owning it anyway because they're toyota driving morons.

I can only get full auto in CT if the gun doesn't have selectfire, which is illegal. Is full auto illegal? No. But switching to semi is.

I voted for "the way it is now" because I sorta do think you need to prove something about yourself before you can own full-auto. I think that people that don't know they can get their hands on full auto shouldn't be owning it anyway because they're toyota driving morons.

I can only get full auto in CT if the gun doesn't have selectfire, which is illegal. Is full auto illegal? No. But switching to semi is.

Oh shit!

Ehm...

Can you explain to me what exactly you are proving under current law by fillling out forms and paying $200 and waiting 3 months? That you're willing to allow a bunch of paper pushers the authority to tell you what guns you may or may not own despite the clear wording of the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States?

The NFA was designed to restrict the manufacture and sale of automatic weapons, and thanks more stupid laws in this country, no automatic weapons are manufactured here anymore. That means our boys overseas in Iraq and Afghanistan are forced to continue using POS's like the M60, which run away from you and often jam.

Think about it; the last American guy to actually invent something was Eugene Stoner. We're the freaking United States of America and the best guns out there were invented in the 1950s for crying out loud.

So you are telling us that you think it is just fine that a person has to pay $10,000+ for a gun that should cost $500, tops? Because with "the way it is now" the only people who can afford to own machine guns generally either have the money to burn, or were lucky enough to acquire theirs before the supply was frozen. It is technically legal, but not practical for any but a rare handful.

Nah nah, it shouldn't be the way it is now, but it shouldn't be totally open to anybody and everybody. I think you should have to take a course or something to prove you understand what full auto is and how to handle it. The $200 thing and the big hassle aren't needed. I usually only side with big brother when he takes action overseas.

As for the toyota comment, I say that constantly. I hope you know what I meant by it.

Well, basically "the way it is now" it IS open to anybody.

1) Anybody that can pass a NICS check (just like for a regular gun), and

2) Anybody with a lot of money, and

3) Anybody that doesn't live in a liberal state, and

4) Anybody who has a gun-friendly CLEO.

In summary, the current system doesn't have more safeguards related to an individuals suitability to own the gun- it just has more hoops to jump through.

Twinsen,

I'm going to make an assumption based on your comments. I'm going to assume that you have a fear that some schmo with a machine gun will misuse or abuse it and wreak some sort of societal havoc, and that is why you think people should have to take a course before owning it. The problem with this fear is that it is irrational. It is far more likely that some jerkoff like the Va Tech killer will sneak into a school with a couple of handguns and mags and blow away 30 people. Machine guns aren't efficient for mass killing. Can you see that?

The point I wish to make is that whether or not safety courses should be offered by, say, the dealer selling the full auto Uzi or Mac-11 should be something determined by the dealer, and not the government. The government should not have the authority to tell us what kinds of guns we can own, TO A POINT. I don't believe we should be permitted to own nukes, ok? But any portable arm used by the military should be ours if we wish.

Netpackrat made a good point - look at the unintended consequences of the gun laws - machine guns cost tens of thousands now, when they should only cost a few hundred. And if you buy, for example, a used Thompson SMG in semiauto and grind down the sear, you are going to prison for 10 years, do not pass go, do not collect $200. It is absolutely absurd. If you even discuss with somebody how to do it you will go to prison for conspiracy to violate gun laws. So much for the 1st Amendment as well. Bye bye!

In effect, our own government has imposed a tariff on its own citizens and that is unforgivable. Whenever you let government control something, (big surprise) they try to control everything. Do not fall prey to the thinking that it's okay to let government regulate something because it doesn't affect you personally. Eventually they will get around to something you care about.

We made a select-fire S-12 at Tromix. It was made as a Law Enforcement Demo weapon.

As a machine gun manufacturer, Tony can do it legally. It's not, however, transferrable.

AH! LEO Demo weap. You can't even transfer it to a LEO though? So basically it's for Tony's personal collection only? One more thing, If you were a LEO and bought some Select fire rifles, when you retire would you have to give those up? Just curious... maybe I'll become a cop for a month :)

Cops can't own them, only departments. Sorry.

Damn, foiled again... unless I start my own town and Stand in as my own Fire Dept, Police Dept, Mayor, etc. etc. I'd volunteer of course :) LOL

I watched the S-12 Shorty Full Auto Video. 10rds in about .75secs. 800RPM Shotty. Nice!

Edited by SaigaNoobie

I know it sounds like fun, but the cyclic rate was so high it was no fun to shoot.

The first time he fired it, the stock folded and it damn near broke Tony's nose. His USAS is much slower and a lot of fun to shoot, though.

Y'know, starting your own town could actually work...hmmm

I know it sounds like fun, but the cyclic rate was so high it was no fun to shoot.

The first time he fired it, the stock folded and it damn near broke Tony's nose. His USAS is much slower and a lot of fun to shoot, though.

Y'know, starting your own town could actually work...hmmm

USAS-12 ~ 300 RPMS. Alot slower. 5/sec instead of 12/sec

Let's buy some land in a Red State and start Saigatown, USA. We'll all be citizen-deputies and we'll have a mayorial Council rather than a single mayor :) The only bad news is we'd have to homeschool because there's no room in the budget for a bus :lolol:

Guys, I gotta say I voted "like it is now" for lack of a better choice. The lesser of two evils. I am all for the NFA, but not the 86 MG ban. If I understand it correctly, it's not NFA that makes a machine gun cost 10,000. I have seen some real douchebags at the range with $800 guns who I don't want to be around, and they're shooting semi-auto's. I am all for the "hoops" system, it shows that a buyer isn't going to get one "on a whim". Any fuckin' assclown can buy a FA if it were at a gunshop, cost doesn't matter. Don't believe me? Google this: "What I spent my Iraq money on LOL!:)"

To me, the red tape is a system of checks and balances that has worked thus far. It means that the person is qualified, dedicated, and not just buying it cause his baby's mama pissed him off.

But fuck that MG ban, I want a G36!!

Twinsen,

I'm going to make an assumption based on your comments. I'm going to assume that you have a fear that some schmo with a machine gun will misuse or abuse it and wreak some sort of societal havoc, and that is why you think people should have to take a course before owning it. The problem with this fear is that it is irrational. It is far more likely that some jerkoff like the Va Tech killer will sneak into a school with a couple of handguns and mags and blow away 30 people. Machine guns aren't efficient for mass killing. Can you see that?

The point I wish to make is that whether or not safety courses should be offered by, say, the dealer selling the full auto Uzi or Mac-11 should be something determined by the dealer, and not the government. The government should not have the authority to tell us what kinds of guns we can own, TO A POINT. I don't believe we should be permitted to own nukes, ok? But any portable arm used by the military should be ours if we wish.

Netpackrat made a good point - look at the unintended consequences of the gun laws - machine guns cost tens of thousands now, when they should only cost a few hundred. And if you buy, for example, a used Thompson SMG in semiauto and grind down the sear, you are going to prison for 10 years, do not pass go, do not collect $200. It is absolutely absurd. If you even discuss with somebody how to do it you will go to prison for conspiracy to violate gun laws. So much for the 1st Amendment as well. Bye bye!

In effect, our own government has imposed a tariff on its own citizens and that is unforgivable. Whenever you let government control something, (big surprise) they try to control everything. Do not fall prey to the thinking that it's okay to let government regulate something because it doesn't affect you personally. Eventually they will get around to something you care about.

I was actually thinking that I'd be afraid to shoot at the local range next to a guy with a brand new mac-10 that has no idea how to control it. I've been to MG rental shoots, and they had to keep two men watching each person firing and until they knew if you could handle yourself they had one man holding the gun down and one pushing on their firing shoulder so they didn't lose the butt of the weapon either. I saw too many people firing off the last shot in a string at a 30 degree angle or worse. Also with full auto comes a much increased chance of cook offs emptying a mag because that chamber is going to get hot. I'm not getting a hole in my car or leg or something from some asshat that hasn't been told how to handle the situation.

Add: Oh and I just remembered they don't allow some rifles (maybe M14?) or any automatic pistols without a front grip to be fired at that MG shoot anymore because of all the people firing their last round at a ridiculous upward angle.

I know a bunch about the arguement, I'm not one of the guys that thinks an M60 is a horrible device. Not being able to own full auto in my state is the 2nd most awful thing about gun control for me. The worst is that they list by name every military firearm I can think of and say they are illegal. I'd be sitting here with a BAR, Thompson, and a Galil right now if I could. Because shit, they'd be cheap.

Even if somebody wanted a full auto gun to mow into a big crowd, he wouldn't go ahead and legally buy the gun anyway. I do NOT want it to be the way it is now, but I do not want it to be fully open, I just picked the option in the poll I thought was closest to what I envision.

Added: And I'd have a USAS-12. I fired one using birdshot, but it was still amazingly fun and controllable... enough.

Edited by Twinsen