What % thinks Full Auto is ok?

Full Auto Ok?  

284 members have voted

1. 1. Should Full Auto be Legal?

• Yes, It should be legal (with no GCA or NFA)
    • Yes, like it currently is
    • No, its evil.

In this country, the registered machinegun (all NFA items for that matter) has a far better safety record than the tricycle, skateboard or trampoline.

The May 86 ban came about largely because of the "legitimate sporting purpose" hoseshit.

I wonder why the ATF has never had another "amnesty" registration since '68. They are authorized to do so "from time to time"...

I don't wonder why at all. If ATF declared another amnesty registration you could see the number of registered NFA weapons swell to many times the current number. I know of people who have talked about having Lightning Links laser cut if that happened. A guy could do 1000 of them for very little money. It would also legalize a lot of the home builds guys have done from parts kits. It's counter to what BATFE stands for. IMO, they want to limit guns as much as possible. They want them to be inconvenient & expensive. They have no reason (Other than their paperwork being totally FUBAR :devil: ) to declare an amnesty, and they won't admit to the paperwork issues.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only felons, lunatics, non citizens should be prohibited from owning whatever they damn well please. And it ain't nobody's business but their own!

i'm a non-citizen. i'm a permanent resident alien. I pay taxes and have a concealed permit. so you're saying I shouldn't be able to own one?

As a MFG, I would sure benefit from the full auto market being knocked wide open, but I really have little problem with the way ATF handles the registration now. I would like to see the ban on production for civilian sales cut loose. Anyone who can legally purchase , should be able to buy a FA, and that is how the system is set up now. However, he should not have to win the lottery before he can afford to purchase. :smoke:

Only felons, lunatics, non citizens should be prohibited from owning whatever they damn well please. And it ain't nobody's business but their own!

Excuse me but I disagree to a point. The constitution does not say "citizen" and has been proven in court to say "resident" whether they are a citizen or just here legally. I think it would be unfair to create a bunch of victims on the grounds they are not naturalized. I say if you reside here legally and have no felony convictions or mental issues you should be allowed to own anything you want. The key words being residing in the US legally, screw the illegals.

I personally have no need for full auto but I will defend your right to own one if you so choose. It is not the tool but the man who causes evil.

No regulation. No registration. No argument. It's a RIGHT. Anything INFRINGING upon that RIGHT for ANY reason is ILLEGAL. End of rant. I will NOT debate this point. It's as clear as glass.

What are laser cut lightning links?!?!?!? Or just lightning links in general for that matter?

Links like for linking bullets into belts?

I would think they'd be more concerned about producing the guns during an amnesty than the links for the bullets... :unsure:

but whatever... LOL

:smoke:

What are laser cut lightning links?!?!?!? Or just lightning links in general for that matter?

Links like for linking bullets into belts?

The "Lightning Link" is a drop in sheetmetal disconnect that (so ive heard, sometimes) makes an ar15 fire full auto. They are, as far as i know, illegal to own with an AR15, as it becomes something akin to "Intent To Manufacture a Machine Gun" but are still commonly sold at gun shows, the internet, and the back of magazines like Shotgun News.

Note: i dont have an AR15, LL, have never tried to use one, nor do i have any "Intent To Manufacture a Machine Gun" Ran out last tuesday.

As for my oppinion on the subject at hand:

handbill-kill-snake-lg.jpg

I had to vote yes the way it is now. But I do think the 2nd is for all arms. What I would like the most is if full auto's were like SBR. NFA weapon but could still be made. It would be nice to drop the CLEO letter. Much like the CCDW and NFA weapons not a lot of criminals would go threw that stuff anyway. It's like the Clinton ban oh sorry I shot up the post office with a gun that had a bayonet lug on it when it was not made before the ban date? I would think that would be fair enough but we all know its give an inch they take a mile. :smoke:

post-9601-1208990289_thumb.jpg

Edited by madmax4x4

i'm a non-citizen. i'm a permanent resident alien. I pay taxes and have a concealed permit. so you're saying I shouldn't be able to own one?

I hate to say it, (because you seem like a nice guy) but I don't think that anyone is NOT eligible to vote in this country should be allowed to own guns or be fully protected under our Constitution. The states can say what they want as far as federalism will allow (I am very much a Libertarian), but I think the US Constitution only applies to "full-rights" voting American citizens living in the US or one of its territories (or protectorates)... That is purely from a legal stand point - but I think we made a mistake (being a capitolistic nation) by giving the vote to anyone born in this country... I firmly believe you should have to earn, desire or warrant citizenship. I know many foreign-born American's (and green card holders) who would make wiser and more informed / intelligent voting choices than many of the "native-born" rabble here who just vote themselves an entitlement... And non-citizens many have done more for this country than should be expected - compared to their native-born compatiots!

Macbeau sends... :blues:

I hate to say it, (because you seem like a nice guy) but I don't think that anyone is NOT eligible to vote in this country should be allowed to own guns or be fully protected under our Constitution. The states can say what they want as far as federalism will allow (I am very much a Libertarian), but I think the US Constitution only applies to "full-rights" voting American citizens living in the US or one of its territories (or protectorates)... That is purely from a legal stand point - but I think we made a mistake (being a capitolistic nation) by giving the vote to anyone born in this country... I firmly believe you should have to earn, desire or warrant citizenship. I know many foreign-born American's (and green card holders) who would make wiser and more informed / intelligent voting choices than many of the "native-born" rabble here who just vote themselves an entitlement... And non-citizens many have done more for this country than should be expected - compared to their native-born compatiots!

Macbeau sends... :blues:

Well I hate to say it but, as there were no citizens or voters at the time the constitution was written I do not think any person would have qualified for any of the rights. The constitution does in no way endorse only "citizens" but embraces all who reside in this land. If you do not allow lawful immigrants working toward their citizenship the right to defend themselves, as any other person would have, they will only become prey to those very "citizens" you so espouse. Thus is slavery born. Personally, I like Robert A. Heinlien's approach from "Starship Troopers" (the book not the idiotic movie) and not allow franchise to anyone who has not served in federal service and make citizenship a thing earned by many years of sacrifice. I too am saddened by the lack of understanding of what the US is about by the majority of the population. As one born over there on the other side of the "Iron Curtain" I am very aware of what this land stands for. I grieve that the people here are willing to toss it all away for some temporary false security.

BTW, legal aliens undergo a much deeper scrutiny and more background checks then US citizens by both FBI and Homeland Security. Inherently they are "safer" gun owners, from the law abiding point of view, then the guy down the street.

Edited by Saigaczech
i personally think you should be able to own whatever you want so long as you have no felonies and are mentally stable. personally i have no use whatsoever for a full auto 1 well placed shot is all you need.

If I were running things anyone legally of age on the streets would be able to buy any legal small arms. IMO if a felon can't be trusted w/ a gun, they should still be locked up. If someone is crazy enough where they can't be trusted w/ a gun, then they should be institutionalized and treated. If we have reached the point where a few legal aliens can't be trusted w/ weapons when they are surrounded by armed citizens, then we deserve to lose our country. We can't stop the criminals from getting the guns. Why do we need to give the government more things to harrass innocent people over?

I believe the constitution was written for all humans in this country-it is the law of the land, not the law of the citizen only; it will evolve more into a "human" rights constitution over time. The rights of a citizen are somewhat different, but keep in mind that originally only landownwers/properety owners in this country were assumed to have voting rights as a citizen. The constitution has been upheld in the supreme court as applying to all residents of this land, citizen or not in many cases. That is why we did not bring the enemy combatants to the US, but to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, merely a US protectorate or territory. Otherwise they would be subject to timely charges and trial.

There are good and bad guys from other lands here legally and illegally. There are good and bad guys that are citizens. Let the law abiding people protect themselves as they see fit and deport or lock up the criminals when they get caught. The non citizens need to be encouraged to get legal status somehow (working visa or citizenship) ASAP or they get abused by both sides of the law.

Full Auto should be legal. It's still a firearm. It's just a FAST firearm.

Years ago, this poll could have been entitled "Who thinks repeating rifles are OK?" or "Who thinks English longbows are OK?" These ridiculous gun laws have one purpose. To keep the masses at bay while those in power do what they will.

i personally think you should be able to own whatever you want so long as you have no felonies and are mentally stable. personally i have no use whatsoever for a full auto 1 well placed shot is all you need.

If I were running things anyone legally of age on the streets would be able to buy any legal small arms. IMO if a felon can't be trusted w/ a gun, they should still be locked up. If someone is crazy enough where they can't be trusted w/ a gun, then they should be institutionalized and treated. If we have reached the point where a few legal aliens can't be trusted w/ weapons when they are surrounded by armed citizens, then we deserve to lose our country. We can't stop the criminals from getting the guns. Why do we need to give the government more things to harrass innocent people over?

I agree. Though it is hard to say what is "crazy enough" with exception of things like homicidal maniac. Also, I believe that a non-violent felon should never lose their gun rights.

I could pass on full auto, I just think the short barrel laws are a steaming load.. even with a short barrel it is still a firearm... it just has a shorter barrel.. big duh!

I feel the same way, but be careful how you phrase that. The question isn't whether or not you prefer full auto, but whether or not Americans should be PERMITTED to own full auto. There are 20,000 unconstitutional gun laws on the books and I believe if all Americans knew the facts about automatic rifles the percentage would be much higher than 41%.

Yeah I realized that after I posted, and I fully understand what you mean.

So with that said!

I have no problem with anyone else having a fully automatic weapon and I think anyone should be able to buy them in any State of the USA...

Yes they are fun :devil:

No I could not afford to feed one, so you guys better invite me over to play with them .. lol ... I'll help carry the cases of ammo.

Suppose you found an affordable full auto in .22lr? Would that help.......?

I agree. Though it is hard to say what is "crazy enough" with exception of things like homicidal maniac. Also, I believe that a non-violent felon should never lose their gun rights.

That's my point. If you are capable of functioning in society, or at least are not a threat to society, you should be free & legally allowed all the rights of a citizen. In my opinion only the people in jail/prison, or felons on probation afterwards, and people who are locked in the loony bin would be disallowed the right to keep and bear arms. There would be very few people in that list as a percentage of the society.

...so the govt. makes a law rendering us all instant felons. It's all or nothing. Do you really think a LAW is going to keep the people in jail/prison, or felons on probation afterwards, and people who are mentally unstable from obtaining a weapon? Dream on. Laws only serve to disarm the law-abiding. They do nothing to make us safer, or decrease crime. It's about CONTROL. The GOVERNMENT's CONTROL over every aspect of our lives. When will you realize that? The Nanny State CAN'T make you safer by telling criminals they can't hurt you. Only YOU can do that. At the point of a gun.

...so the govt. makes a law rendering us all instant felons. It's all or nothing. Do you really think a LAW is going to keep the people in jail/prison, or felons on probation afterwards, and people who are mentally unstable from obtaining a weapon? Dream on. Laws only serve to disarm the law-abiding. They do nothing to make us safer, or decrease crime. It's about CONTROL. The GOVERNMENT's CONTROL over every aspect of our lives. When will you realize that? The Nanny State CAN'T make you safer by telling criminals they can't hurt you. Only YOU can do that. At the point of a gun.

You're missing my point. My theory is that everyone should have their rights unless they are certified insane/incompent & hospitalized, imprisoned, or on probation from a felony. If you're going to set up a straw man & say the government makes everyone a criminal & takes our rights, I'll give you King Leonidas' response to Xerxes. Molon Labe! I'm not saying the government can make me safer by prohibiting criminals from aving weapons, but until they do their time, they do lose certain rights. In my opinion they should get them back when they are done, not perpetually be 2nd class citizens.

I think full auto should be left for those who really need it,

For those who I pay taxes for who really need it,.. wether it be they really need it,.

or my tax money pays for the ammo,....

if we need it to be authorized for our use, against them,...whoever them may be as long as I get a vote on it now and then,

I know I never could afford all that ammo, or have a need to use it, unless it was a 22lr, and then who is affraid??? or letting me do it??

the hamster brigade? or the Varmint Coalition?

Thanks, That's what I thought.

-

I'm not missing your point. NO restrictions are acceptable. PERIOD. Get MY point?

So do we give the inmates in jail, prison, and the insane asylums M60s or SAWs? Or do they get the more portable Glock 18C? You did say no restrictions.

Full auto would be OK if in the right hands. When you see the damage done at some ranges by idiots with single action autos you have to stop and think what these fools would do with unrestricted full autos. There are a lot of gun owners who simply shouldn't be allowed to have a BB gun or in the gene pool.

Edited by aka108

that's kind of what i've been getting at.

as much as i agree with the fact that (in theory or with proper practices employed) there should be nothing to worry about,

but even here -on a forum dedicated to firearms- not a one of us here isn't concerned about people who would legally qualify but lack a single iota of maturity.

i would love to see more freedoms, but what i would like to see is more maturity and responsible behavior; all else is ancillary.