Cobra sight ?

It's basically just a fancy red dot sight (I assume you know how they operate?). It projects one of four different type of reticles on a piece of slightly tilted mirrored glass in the front of it (that you can still see through), and you put the reticle that you chose on your target. Best description I can think of is a fighter pilot's heads up display.

Hi Jujaro,

That's great, I'm glad I was of help to you (even with my lousy explanation!). The only thing I forgot to add in my reply was (even though I know some Saiga-12 owners absolutely love their Cobra sights), I still can't figure out the rationalization they use installing one on a shotgun (I guess if they shoot alot of slugs maybe?) :unsure:

Yup, SaltPeter is pretty right, but this is not much usual for me, cause selfdefence with riffles is prohibited here :( and hunting in low light conditions is also prohibited.

The law here is very tight. You can't imagine how much documents, test and courses you need to buy a weapon here. I think that when you have no problems with the law and you are older than 21 you can get a weapon in USA. Here it is as hard as becoming a police officer ;)

And even when you have a weapon you can't use it in many cases (even if somebody enters you own home you can't shoot him without a "serious life danger for you - for example if he is standing 3 meters infront of you carying knife, you can't use weapon cause "he can't hurt you from this distance..."

Well i'm telling this to you just for info about Bulgarian law...if there are somebody interested i'll tell him more ;)

I'd probably have a harder time finding the on/off switch on my Cobra sight in the dark than just letting a load of #4 Buck loose down the hallway if an intrder was to break in. :rolleyes:

but after that it's useful to see where the center of the shot (especialy buckshot) cloud lands

This is exactly right. Outdoors, you can miss a target even at 15 yards with buckshot in an improved cylinder when you're in a hurry. A dot sight can get you on target very quickly; a major advantage. For me, though, I am so rough on my guns that I would surely bust an electronic sight before I could ever use it.

SaltPeter wrote: I am so rough on my guns that I would surely bust an electronic sight before I could ever use it.

Hmmm... I doubt strongly that you can easily bust Trijicon ReflexII or Aimpoint CompM2 (ML2) sights approved by US Military. Yes, they costs like Saiga itself, but IMHO it's most reliable sights available.

Most cheaper Trijicon I was able to found (including new one RX09 - with chevron reticle) selling at DSA Inc

208D.jpg

BTW they making gun I dream for but will never have a chance to get - I suppose you as police officer can put your hands on it. Sure if you have about $2000 (for gun with sight and flashlight) hidden from your relatives :) - FN FAL Rules

sa58osw.gif

Aimpoint prices at DSA quite comparable with Ultimak's 's list.

apcompm2.jpg

Right now I have Trijicon RX06 installed on my gun because in my opinion it's large triangle reticle fits shotgun most.

EF99.jpg210A.jpg

Edited by ZakherBakher
  • 3 weeks later...