Factory Mag Fitting Specs

This instruction sheet comes with MOST new factory mags. I'm sure some of you have seen it but also sure that a lot hasn't. It is a diagram of how to PROPERLY fit your mag to you gun. This should be the only thing that a person needs to do on any well designed mag for the saiga-12 to get it to fit. And the very most don't ever need to do this. The reason I'm posting this is because there will be a very small few that will have to do this to their drum. I found my first saiga-12 the other day that wouldn't lock the drum. I was at RapidFire showing them the drum and took advantage of the opportunity to fit test the drum in 3 more saigas. The rear mag catch on it was just slightly longer than most saiga's. It was the first in 12 that wouldn't latch as is. The instruction shown in the pic will be converted to better English and included with each drum for the small few that need to adjust the drum. I could have made the drum to fit all from the start, but if I did this then it would have made the drum fit slightly looser in the very most of saiga-12s. It is a very simple mod and most won't need to do it. Also please note that this is the only way that 99.9% of the small few that need to fit, should ever adjust any of your mags to fit.

While I was at RapidFire they showed me their MK19 production line and had a unit mounted as well. For those who don't know what that is, it's a belt-fed, fully-automatic 40mm grenade launcher!!! BAD ASS!! And a real treat to inspect!

post-2662-1188075552_thumb.jpg

This instruction sheet comes with MOST new factory mags. I'm sure some of you have seen it but also sure that a lot hasn't. It is a diagram of how to PROPERLY fit your mag to you gun. This should be the only thing that a person needs to do on any well designed mag for the saiga-12 to get it to fit. And the very most don't ever need to do this. ......The instruction shown in the pic will be converted to better English and included with each drum for the small few that need to adjust the drum....

Use this if it helps. Please give credit where due to the originator. Just trying to help. I have gathered a lot of information from the board. Please feel free to make any changes that you think appropriate.

Fitting_Saiga_Shotgun_Mags.zip