AR 10 Magazines for conversion?

Wouldn't that be the best option for conversion? They have NO lips and are slid in directly so that would allow you to manufacture/weld/grind on or off whatever was needed to lock into the Saiga. Are the AR10 mags scarce and expensive or something? I really want some hicaps but i really can't see spending 45 bucks a pop :'( I could buy several boxes of ammo for that and further breakin my rifle (feed my addiction)

help?

AR-10 mags are based off of the M14 mag as far as I know and it is a great choice for a conversion since it is a close fit but even if you buy in bulk the mags are $25 min. Liberty mags has converted HK91 mags that hold 17rds and are parkerized for $35. Go to survivalblog.com to check out the ad on the right side of the page and also read the blog there are tons of useful things on there.

Just do your own. I posted in great detail how to do them at ar15 and gunsnet last year.

7-9d.jpg

Pictured are m14 mags 20rd = 17rd, 30rd = 27rd. Haven't done a 25rd m14 but would expect it to come out to 21rd.

Pic isn't showing.

Link to instructions please???

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&...=80&t=88703

Personally, I have doubts about the longevity of the locking tabs made up out of JB weld or whatever that was.

I experimented last year with a cheap Taiwanese mag and welded bar stock for the tabs. It still has some issues I need to fix and massage, but I don't see any reason it won't work.

Pics and info are here:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=14499

But I can see where it will be a one at a time, fit to rifle thing, so trying to mass produce them would be a challenge.

Myself, I would still like to see BattlerifleG3 produce his G3 mag adapter. That would solve all my worries and use cheap, barely modified G3 mags.

Edited by texlurch